Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kennedy Lone Gunman Theory Challenged

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Kennedy Lone Gunman Theory Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I know what I'm doing with one, and I wouldn't call it an easy shot. Doable yes, but not easy.
    It's been a while since I fired anything, but I grew up with guns and that would have been a fairly simple shot given the conditions that day. Maybe I shoudn't have said easy, but I think I could have managed it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

But it wasn't just one shot. It was multiple shots in a span of about 7 seconds at moving target.

I'm not a gun guy but that seems like it would be fairly difficult (but certainly not impossible)
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

The only thing keeping me from fully buying into lone gunman is Ruby. I just can't buy that he was so angry about the assasination that he decided to shoot LHO on the spur of the moment.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    But it wasn't just one shot. It was multiple shots in a span of about 7 seconds at moving target.

I'm not a gun guy but that seems like it would be fairly difficult (but certainly not impossible)
    From what I've read (including a news article in today's Wall Street Journal on Vincent Bugliosi's new book previously mentioned on this thread), the lone gunman theory basically requires that LHO fired three shots, the first of which missed, in between 8 and 11 seconds.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The only thing keeping me from fully buying into lone gunman is Ruby. I just can't buy that he was so angry about the assasination that he decided to shoot LHO on the spur of the moment.
    Jack Ruby doesn't keep me from accepting the lone gunman theory, but it does make me more willing to accept that others may have been in on some sort of plot. I can see LHO being the lone guman, but a patsy being directed by someone else, with Ruby then being the guy to shut LHO up. That makes at least some limited sense to me, and would support a conspiracy by the mob I guess. The wilder theories about JFK's murder being a plot by the CIA or whoever have always seemed, well, nuts to me. I also have a very hard time believing that after 40+ years the supposed secret would still be secret.
    On the other hand, Ruby may have just been a nut himself. Other nuts kill political leaders and celebrities, so why not a nut killing another nut?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Jack Ruby doesn't keep me from accepting the lone gunman theory, but it does make me more willing to accept that others may have been in on some sort of plot. I can see LHO being the lone guman, but a patsy being directed by someone else, with Ruby then being the guy to shut LHO up. That makes at least some limited sense to me, and would support a conspiracy by the mob I guess.
    Yeah, I agree. That's actually what I meant to say.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Oswald was trained by our US military as a marine. They found his old books where it showed he was incredibly accurate from like 500 yards away or something of that distance (I don't know the exact distance, but it was pretty damn far away).

USMC here....

200 yds, 300 yds, and 500 yds is what we practice.

500yds, a man sized target is actually quite easy to hit, center mass, with iron sights. With a sight/scope, I'd call it easy***.

***4 time Marine rifle expert

The only people who think it's a conspiracy are the ones who want to believe it was one. Kennedy was shot by Oswald and Oswald alone. There's overwhelming evidence to suggest this. Burgliosi's new book proves this. Ruby was a guy who thought if he shot Oswald, he would be considered a hero. He was very good friends with the Dallas Police and he even considered himself some type of worker for the DPD. He would snitch on people to the DPD if something was going on.

I used to think JFK was a conspiracy, but there's evidence. . . no matter how deep you look into it, that suggests this. People will believe what they want to believe because they may not trust the government, but it's amazing that no one has come out and said something about a conspiracy. . . even on their death bed in the 45 years since it's happened.

I don't believe in a Kennedy conspiracy.

But no one here really believes the govt doesn't change/hide/reinvent *evidence* all the time, do you?

Hey, I work for the govt. I'm as patriotic as they come. But come on.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?