Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracy Jones Rant is what this team needs

Re: Tracy Jones Rant is what this team needs

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Eric Milton? Jimmy Haynes?

Give me a break.....
    If you played ball with Milton and Haynes you would say they were the best player you have ever played with period. Eric Milton has thrown a no-hitter against major league batters so he at one time had good stuff, Haynes had a 6 or 7 year career so he obviosly had some talent.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Vin Scully told his collective radio listening audience that they could hit as well as Juan Castro, what should we make of that?

So what the Reds need is a good old fashioned brawl? Wow, Tracy, great call there. The most childish thing grown men can do, and he's saying we need some fisticuffs.

When was the last time you all settled things at work with a fist fight? How incredibly mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Of course Tracy Jones is right, he did play the game.

You may not agree with Tracy's style or ego, but he's right on the money with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Vin Scully told his collective radio listening audience that they could hit as well as Juan Castro, what should we make of that?
    I am pretty sure they couldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    yeah that part that jojo quoted is just absurd.

Pass up an extremely borderline pitch to go hacking when a walk wins the game?? Have another bong hit, Tracer.
    Disagree. Tracy is right, you protect the plate when you have two strikes. Whatever problem you have with Tracy, if its close, you have to swing. That doesn't change: Knothole, High School, Minors or Majors.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    So what the Reds need is a good old fashioned brawl? Wow, Tracy, great call there. The most childish thing grown men can do, and he's saying we need some fisticuffs.

When was the last time you all settled things at work with a fist fight? How incredibly mature.
    Wouldnt it be nice to see the team show some passion? A good fight could pull the clubhouse together I think thats what the Tracer was hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post

I don't think he's calling for them to go out and brawl, but in this game there are often situations that lead to a little dust-up. For example, if a player on another team (Lance Berkman *cough, cough*) continues to light your ass up game after game after game, he needs to get put on his backside with a high-and-tight. If he does, that may lead to a little action.

But the Reds have no pride right now, no emotion, so they're not going to be in that scenario... and they'll continue to get beat down on the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    If you played ball with Milton and Haynes you would say they were the best player you have ever played with period. Eric Milton has thrown a no-hitter against major league batters so he at one time had good stuff, Haynes had a 6 or 7 year career so he obviosly had some talent.
    You're so right. You don't get to the majors unless you're best on every team you've been on. I guarantee you Jimmy Haynes and Eric Milton were always their team's studs all the way up through to the majors. Milton's a good athlete, too. He can hit. Ridicule him all you want, he did something most never do, he made the big leagues and had a few good years.
    Last edited by Rotater Cuff; 05-19-2007 at 05:35 PM.

This team is in pretty bad shape right now.

I don't trust Wayne, Jerry or Tracy to fix it.

I'm actually shocked Tracy spent so much time not talking about himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Legion of Dunn View Post
    You may not agree with Tracy's style or ego, but he's right on the money with that assessment.

It's true, he played the game and we all know it. The problem is that he has to remind everbody of that fact every five seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by James B. View Post
    It's true, he played the game and we all know it. The problem is that he has to remind everbody of that fact every five seconds.
    Thats his schitch he is actually a very nice man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotater Cuff View Post
    You're so right. You don't get to the majors unless you're best on every team you've been on. I guarantee you Jimmy Haynes and Eric Milton were always their team's studs all the way up through to the majors. Milton's a good athlete, too. He can hit. Ridicule him all you want, he did something most never do, he made the big leagues and had a few good years.
    Good for him. I never want to see him in red and white again though. I'm sure I was the stud wanna-be-lawyer in my high school class, doesn't mean I'm worth a crap.

Turn Off Ads?