Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracy Jones Rant is what this team needs

Tracy Jones Rant is what this team needs

Anybody that missed Tracy Jones last night from 10:30 to 10:55 go off on Narron and the players will lose some insight on what has troubled the Reds over what you might call the Junior era, or after McKeon was fired.
    Tracy's disgust derived from the "Walk Off Walk" issued by Bronson Wednesday night.
    This is what Tracy said in a nutshell:
    Not only was the pitch not a ball, the batter should have been ashamed to let a pitch like that go by in that situation.
    Bronson should have been more upset, and got in that umpires face.
    Narron and all of his coaches should have been out there backing up Arroyo immediately.
    This team is way too passive, and emotion is a big part of baseball. They don't mind losing, have a good time every evening running out there and joking with the other team pregame.
    Jones listed players and coaches he had been with over his career that never would have put up with that call on Wednesday night.
    He can't remember the last time the Reds fought. I mean fought with their hands. He basically called them out as wimps.
    Personally, when I read Ross's comments the next morning, I was mad. Ross basically downplayed the pitch. What kind of man wouldn't back up his pitcher, who complained to anybody listening that the pitch was a strike. Ross is a weinie, and this team needs a leader as catcher.
    Baseball isn't that much different from football. Emotions play a strong role, but this team doesn't care, and has an attitude. Did you read Fay's comments this morning that he could see in their body language that they didn't like being forced into fielding practice yesterday. The millionaires boys club has better things to do.
    I remember early last year, right before Castellini finalized the purchase of the Reds when there were rumors that Lou Pinella was in town, maybe to meet with Castellini. There was some real excitement in that announcement.
    This is a buttoned down manager with no emotion trying to lead a team that doesn't care. It doesn't matter what he knows, his lineups or his pitching strategy. This team needs someone that's got a pair. Wednesday night was not just embarrassing. It was shameful.
    Last edited by Rotater Cuff; 05-19-2007 at 08:51 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tracy Jones Rant is what this team needs

Of course Tracy Jones is right, he did play the game.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Mostly I heard the part about what lane you use when you drive.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Thats the last thing anyone needs..... you could tune in every night and get a rant.

And a caller last night... On my way home from work.. Said Tracy Jones was a GREAT baseball player...

And if it wasn't for Tracey Jones tell me he played the game at the major league level... I would of never knew he played the game... WOW!

Besides... it took Jones 20 mins to tell me the Reds lost last night... Because I had no clue what happend because I was at work...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Did Tracy's buddies Rod from Norwood or Richard from Indian Hill call in last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Of course Tracy Jones is right, he did play the game.

Well I hate to admit it but Tracy is right and I replied to a thread saying about the same thing. I know it wouldn't have changed the outcome but someone needed to get in that umps face.Big Lou wouldn't have let that guy leave the park until he had him eaton up and spit out.Narron showed nothing in the way of emotion at all. It does seem like its just another day at the office to the whole team.Somebody needs to explode and go crazy A.S.A.P.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    And a caller last night... On my way home from work.. Said Tracy Jones was a GREAT baseball player.
    The man played in the major leagues, he was a great baseball player. Anyone who played or currently plays in the major leagues is a great player.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The man played in the major leagues, he was a great baseball player. Anyone who played or currently plays in the major leagues is a great player.
    Eric Milton? Jimmy Haynes?

Give me a break.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    Narron showed nothing in the way of emotion at all. It does seem like its just another day at the office to the whole team.Somebody needs to explode and go crazy A.S.A.P.
    This is what I dont understand...Narron did have several "head-bobbing" in your face go-off run in's with the umps last year.(remember in milw)
    Why has he changed his demeanor so much this year or so it seems ?

I agree that this team is soft. The just look very ho-hum about losses. It may be the teams make up, to many old ballplayers who have been there and done that, and to many young guys who are just happy to be in the majors, not to mention the castoffs from everywhere else who are happy to have a job. Either way the bottom line is if you always say we'll get 'em next time eventually the next time never comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotater Cuff View Post
    Not only was the pitch not a ball, the batter should have been ashamed to let a pitch like that go by in that situation.
    Yes, absolutely. It would have been much more manly to swing and ground out or hit a harmless pop up in the infield. The goal of baseball isn't to win-it's to be more like a sports talk show host's blowharded vision of John Wayne espoused during a rant that was more about his schtich/titillation than it was about substance.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

yeah that part that jojo quoted is just absurd.

Pass up an extremely borderline pitch to go hacking when a walk wins the game?? Have another bong hit, Tracer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotater Cuff View Post
    He can't remember the last time the Reds fought. I mean fought with their hands. He basically called them out as wimps.
    When was the last time Tracy Jones fought?
    He should go to the game tonight and challenge Juan Castro or Mike Stanton to a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    This is what I dont understand...Narron did have several "head-bobbing" in your face go-off run in's with the umps last year.(remember in milw)
    Why has he changed his demeanor so much this year or so it seems ?

Turn Off Ads?