Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn Is More Likely The Fall Guy

Dunn Is More Likely The Fall Guy

I doubt very much Krivsky and ownership will fire Narron during the season. The problem lies more in the clubhouse where there is no leadership among the players. And despite beating the trade Dunn topics to death, I think that dealing Dunn is more likely to happen than seeing Narron getting fired?

You look at Dunn and see a DH. Already he has a seven errors in LF. His inability to hit in clutch situations has hurt this club more than Narron's managerial decisions. He continues to pile strikeouts despite having a new hitting coach each year. You don't see improvement in the guy.

One thing the club is hurting at is against lefthanded pitching. Krivsky might not want to admit but trading Kearns and Lopez has hurt this club in this area despite adding Conine. With the emergence of Hamilton, it makes it easier to trade Dunn for a righthanded bat and possibly bullpen help. But in order for a trade to fly, the Reds would have to first guarantee Dunn's option for 2008 because they won't get anything substantial if he is just a rental for a team for the remainder of the 2007 season.

With that said, I honestly believe if there is going to be a shakeup, it will be a major player like Dunn being dealt than Narron getting fired.

It has been awhile since I done a trade proposal but let me dig into Krivsky's past and propose a trade with the Twins:

Dunn and Salmon to the Twins for OF Michael Cuddyer and RHP Juan Rincon.

The Reds get a righthanded hitting outfielder to help them against lefthanded pitching while Rincon gives the Reds a solid arm in the pen. The Twins get a DH in Dunn and adds more power in the Twins lineup with Hunter and Morneau.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn Is More Likely The Fall Guy

Dunn has 2 errors, not 7.

Also, Cuddyer hasn't looked particularly good outside of last year. He's got pretty good minor league numbers, but they haven't really translated into major league success (aside from last year). He actually looks a bit like Austin Kearns to me...

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Shhh.... he's on a roll.

His inability to hit in clutch situations has hurt this club more than Narron's managerial decisions.
    I stopped reading after this line and decided to stop taking Krusty's post seriously from now on.

Well another trade Dunn thread. IMO Dunn is far undervalued in this city. If Dunn is traded you need to replace 100 RBI's and 60+ runs (taking into consideration he its 40hrs). Many people say he isn't a clutch hitter, which he isnt, but if you win a game 3-2 does it matter what inning the run is scored it. Dunn is also relatively inexpensive considering what some players are making on the open market. Dunn for $12 million may actually be under market value. One problem I have with trading Dunn is you really dont even have an average outfielder on the horizon in the minors. They basically have no one in the minors who can step in and produce at a decent rate right now. Their best outfield prospect is 2 years away at the way Krivsky is developing Bruce. I am of the opinion that if you trade Dunn you need to get atleast a good bat plus a pitcher that can be developed. There is no way I trade Salmon without at least giving him a fair shot at the major league level. This organization right now is starved of a power arm in the pen and to trade away a guy who may fit that mold doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I stopped reading after this line and decided to stop taking Krusty's post seriously from now on.
    You're putting too much emphasis on Dunn's inability to come up with key hits. As much of a Dunn hater I am, Jerry's hurting this team more than Dunn can dream of.

Good work to Welsh for getting this 7 error mistake everywhere, won't be long before the radio guys are talking about "7 error" Dunn
    Go Gators!

Dunn and Salmon to the Twins for OF Michael Cuddyer and RHP Juan Rincon.
    1) Rincon is done for the rest of the season...

2) Trowing in Salmon is the deal, why? He hasn't been given the chance at the big leagues to show anything... I personally like him.

3) Dunn for Cuddyer - crazy talk.

4) Twins don't trade... period.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Although there has been plenty of "trade Dunn" discussion, much of it has been on Reds Live. The Dunn threads we have had in ORG are getting long, so I guess it's just as well to run with this new one.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Although there has been plenty of "trade Dunn" discussion, much of it has been on Reds Live. The Dunn threads we have had in ORG are getting long, so I guess it's just as well to run with this new one.
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/3916
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Dunn and Salmon for Rincon and Cuddyer?

A downgrade at each position?

Show me the dotted line, give me a pen, I'm ready to sign....

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Thank you for mentioning that.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Good work to Welsh for getting this 7 error mistake everywhere, won't be long before the radio guys are talking about "7 error" Dunn
    Thanks for pointing that out, Krono... I knew I had heard it before somewhere and knew it was wrong. Welsh should correct that on the air one of these nights. Does he have an email address?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

I keep reading where AD is far undervalued in this city. And then I turn around and read that no other team is going to give up equal value in return.
    Don't these other clubs realize what a value player AD is? Why wouldn't they give up equal value to get such a cornerstone? Kinda makes me wonder which one is it?

It's a bit like saying your kid is the best looking, most talented, etc. compared to all the other kids. I think in the case of Dunn and most other Reds, most Reds fans far over value them. Most fans are like that I think.

Turn Off Ads?