Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should of used the money we used on Stanton and resigned Schoenweis

got alil captain in u?

Should of used the money we used on Stanton and resigned Schoenweis

should've made an offer to schoenweis he is having success with the mets out of their pen and i really liked him last year at the end of the year he did some good things for us when he was brought over

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should of used the money we used on Stanton and resigned Schoenweis

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    should've made an offer to schoenweis he is having success with the mets out of their pen and i really liked him last year at the end of the year he did some good things for us when he was brought over
    Or should off not used any of that money on either with the draft pick as well.

He didn't want to come back here!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    He didn't want to come back here!
    Bingo!

Nothing can be done about that...he wanted to play in a major market...so he is. They could have offered him the moon and he would have turned it down....here.

Based on how he pitched today, I don't see how he would have helped.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Based on how he pitched today, I don't see how he would have helped.
    Just not how he pitched today. He has been horrible lately. Getting a extra draft pick for fluff is a gem.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

If I am not mistaken, Marty said a week or so ago that he signed in NY for less than what Cincy offered him.

Others have said it already, but we did make him an offer - we offered him arbitration and he chose to sign elsewhere. We'll see what we get with that draft pick. If a player doesn't want to be here, there's nothing we can do about it.

got alil captain in u?

you are all right here fella's that situation had slipped my mind my apologies

whip 1.82
    era 6.88

why would the Reds want him?

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    whip 1.82
    era 6.88

why would the Reds want him?
    He'd sure fit in.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Marty said a week or so ago that he signed in NY for less than what Cincy offered him.
    Lord, I hope not. If so, thank goodness he signed with NY. He's getting close to $10 mil for a couple of year isn't he?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

He was a mirage in Cincy with a BABIP of .205 in 14.333 lucky innings.

WK made some curious moves last off-season, but offering Schoeneweis ARB knowing he wouldn't take it and with no intent of paying for those flukey numbers was a very good move. Maybe his best of the off-season.

Glad we don't have him and happy for the picks.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Relievers tend to have real mercurial years (expect for freaks like Trevor Hoffman et al), especially lefties. This is particularly true given the small sample size typical of such pitchers. Stanton has certainly had the better career. I'd rather have spent fewer $ than either of those guys and invested in long term solutions rather than patchwork.

Schoen...would have been a much wiser choice. However, hindsight is always 20/20.

Turn Off Ads?