Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday 5-20 minor league updates

Re: Sunday 5-20 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    after today:

Reliever: 4.50 ERA, 14 Innings, 14 Hits, 7 Runs (all earned), 5 BB, 22 Ks
    Starter: 3.33 ERA, 24.1 Innings, 26 Hits, 18 Runs (9 earned), 11 BB, 15 K

Hes pitched pretty good in relief so far except on May 10th when he gave up 5 runs on 4 hits in 1 inning.
    Forget the one outing that skews the ERA. I'm impressed that the K's went-up so much while the walks went down. Did he cut down his pitch selection to his 2 best? That is pretty drastic improvement:

Code:
    Stat	Relief	Starting
    K/9	14.14	5.55
    BB/9	3.21	4.07
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kainer singled his 2nd time up. All kidding aside, you have to assume this was a spot replacement, and the plan is to end up at Billings or Dayton.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Thompson: 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 6 K

Jay Bruce is due to leadoff the bottom of the 5th.

Jay grounded or flied out and is now 2-for-3.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 05-20-2007 at 07:27 PM.

It's been said before and it'll be said again, but Jay Bruce is amazing. Last 10 games:

.447 avg, 17 H (5 2b, 1 3b, 3 hr), 13 RBI

His OPS is up to 1.046 on the year.

Carsons call up is not a spot replacement it is for real. He was hitting over .400 in extended. They told him the news on Saturday. He has 3 days to move out of the place that he is in now and find another place to live.
    Last edited by mkainer21; 05-21-2007 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkainer21 View Post
    Carsons call up is not a spot replacement it is for real. He was hitting over .400 in extended. They told him the news on Saturday. He has 3 days to move out of the place that he is in now and find another place to live.

That's terrific news for him. I'm assuming he will remain the DH for most of the games this year right? It sounds like everyone is really pulling for him within the organization and will not risk pushing him back to fast. Hopefully he can get back to the form he showed prior to the surgery

Bray threw a scoreless inning in relief for Sarasota in his relief appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkainer21 View Post
    Great news about the callup for Carson then! I had assumed it was just a fill in role but thats pretty awesome that he is both playing well and healthy again.

I agree, glad to see the kid back on the field.

Turn Off Ads?