Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Macbeth back to Louisville?

Macbeth back to Louisville?

I heard on the radio today that Marcus Mabeth was optioned back to Triple A with Harang coming off the DL. I am wrong with this information?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

Harang wasn't on the DL.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

I thought Keppinger was optioned back down to AAA and McBeth was still on the bereavement list.

Aaron Harang was reinstated from the bereavement list in time to start on Sunday. What I meant they had to make roster move with Harang being able to start today. Marty mentioned I thought that Macbeth was reinstated and optioned back due to not having pitched in 10 days. Narron comment to Marty about Mcbeth and not pitching in more than an week.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan View Post
    Aaron Harang was reinstated from the bereavement list in time to start on Sunday. What I meant they had to make roster move with Harang being able to start today. Marty mentioned I thought that Macbeth was reinstated and optioned back due to not having pitched in 10 days. Narron comment to Marty about Mcbeth and not pitching in more than an week.
    McBeth is on the bereavement list, and therefor not on the 25 man roster. Keppinger was sent down to make room for Harang.

You got bad info.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    McBeth is on the bereavement list, and therefor not on the 25 man roster. Keppinger was sent down to make room for Harang.

You got bad info.
    Agree that nothing official has happened, but there is something to this. Ole Jer' didn't give him any work after calling him up and now he's probably rusty and needs a few appearances to regain his form. I'd rather he not make his debut under those conditions. Add in the impressive inning from Salmon and a decent inning from Burton today and I'd say McBeth needs to go back down until some room can be made.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agree that nothing official has happened, but there is something to this. Ole Jer' didn't give him any work after calling him up and now he's probably rusty and needs a few appearances to regain his form. I'd rather he not make his debut under those conditions. Add in the impressive inning from Salmon and a decent inning from Burton today and I'd say McBeth needs to go back down until some room can be made.
    He was only up for 2 days before going on the bereavement list.

IMO, Santos is going bye bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I agree; Victor has no future here. But that was one hell of a spring training!

Yeah, but now its been a week since he pitched. I'd rather he not make his debut until he's got the rust off. Relievers don't get a lot of innings, so a week of inactivity can mess them up a little.

This isn't about disliking McBeth. On the contrary, I don't want him to get pounded due to inactivity and slip into Narron's dog house for the rest of the year a la Deno and EdE.

I hope they send him down for now.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Re: Macbeth back to Louisville?

They need to ship out Santos and bring up Salmon. Why not try new things and see what happens instead of throwing out the garbage that you know what will happen.

I'm glad to see Coutlangus has finally earned his respect from Narron to be a go to reliever but the other young relievers besides Todd Coffey aren't even given a shot.

They did bring Salmon back
    He pitched the 6th inning yesterday.
    According to my watch from the end of his warm up to when he walked off the mound it took him less than 4 minutes to retire the side.
    3 up 3 down
    9 pitches
    1 grounder to SS
    1 flyball to CF
    pitch speeds

off to the showers

Good job Brad

Memo to Jerry: When a kid is called up and is in a Reds uniform you're allowed to use him...honest! Ten days up here and you couldn't find any situation to use him???? Clearly the rest of the pen has been so superior, there was no need.

we really do not know when he left the team for bereavement leave, we just know when they informed the league, which could be a much later date.

Does anyone think that there's ANY way that Santos has some sort of minimal trade value?? Anything?

he has some value to us as a long reliever, we've needed the tandem the last few times lohse pitched.

Turn Off Ads?