Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Macbeth back to Louisville?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    234

    Macbeth back to Louisville?

    I heard on the radio today that Marcus Mabeth was optioned back to Triple A with Harang coming off the DL. I am wrong with this information?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,987

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    Harang wasn't on the DL.

  4. #3
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,416

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    I thought Keppinger was optioned back down to AAA and McBeth was still on the bereavement list.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    234

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    Aaron Harang was reinstated from the bereavement list in time to start on Sunday. What I meant they had to make roster move with Harang being able to start today. Marty mentioned I thought that Macbeth was reinstated and optioned back due to not having pitched in 10 days. Narron comment to Marty about Mcbeth and not pitching in more than an week.

  6. #5
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,430

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan View Post
    Aaron Harang was reinstated from the bereavement list in time to start on Sunday. What I meant they had to make roster move with Harang being able to start today. Marty mentioned I thought that Macbeth was reinstated and optioned back due to not having pitched in 10 days. Narron comment to Marty about Mcbeth and not pitching in more than an week.
    McBeth is on the bereavement list, and therefor not on the 25 man roster. Keppinger was sent down to make room for Harang.

    You got bad info.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  7. #6
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,866

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    McBeth is on the bereavement list, and therefor not on the 25 man roster. Keppinger was sent down to make room for Harang.

    You got bad info.
    Agree that nothing official has happened, but there is something to this. Ole Jer' didn't give him any work after calling him up and now he's probably rusty and needs a few appearances to regain his form. I'd rather he not make his debut under those conditions. Add in the impressive inning from Salmon and a decent inning from Burton today and I'd say McBeth needs to go back down until some room can be made.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  8. #7
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,430

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agree that nothing official has happened, but there is something to this. Ole Jer' didn't give him any work after calling him up and now he's probably rusty and needs a few appearances to regain his form. I'd rather he not make his debut under those conditions. Add in the impressive inning from Salmon and a decent inning from Burton today and I'd say McBeth needs to go back down until some room can be made.
    He was only up for 2 days before going on the bereavement list.

    IMO, Santos is going bye bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  9. #8
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cincy West
    Posts
    5,073

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He was only up for 2 days before going on the bereavement list.

    IMO, Santos is going bye bye.
    I agree; Victor has no future here. But that was one hell of a spring training!

  10. #9
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,866

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He was only up for 2 days before going on the bereavement list.

    IMO, Santos is going bye bye.
    Yeah, but now its been a week since he pitched. I'd rather he not make his debut until he's got the rust off. Relievers don't get a lot of innings, so a week of inactivity can mess them up a little.

    This isn't about disliking McBeth. On the contrary, I don't want him to get pounded due to inactivity and slip into Narron's dog house for the rest of the year a la Deno and EdE.

    I hope they send him down for now.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    305

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville?

    They need to ship out Santos and bring up Salmon. Why not try new things and see what happens instead of throwing out the garbage that you know what will happen.

    I'm glad to see Coutlangus has finally earned his respect from Narron to be a go to reliever but the other young relievers besides Todd Coffey aren't even given a shot.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    113

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville?

    They did bring Salmon back
    He pitched the 6th inning yesterday.
    According to my watch from the end of his warm up to when he walked off the mound it took him less than 4 minutes to retire the side.
    3 up 3 down
    9 pitches
    1 grounder to SS
    1 flyball to CF
    pitch speeds
    89,93
    81,93,95
    94,94,94,85

    off to the showers

    Good job Brad

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    358

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville?

    Memo to Jerry: When a kid is called up and is in a Reds uniform you're allowed to use him...honest! Ten days up here and you couldn't find any situation to use him???? Clearly the rest of the pen has been so superior, there was no need.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    113

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville?

    we really do not know when he left the team for bereavement leave, we just know when they informed the league, which could be a much later date.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ashland, Ohio
    Posts
    147

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville?

    Does anyone think that there's ANY way that Santos has some sort of minimal trade value?? Anything?

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    152

    Re: Macbeth back to Louisville?

    he has some value to us as a long reliever, we've needed the tandem the last few times lohse pitched.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25