Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Redszone Mock Draft

Re: 2007 Redszone Mock Draft

I will take the Royals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can take Colorado. I enjoyed participating last year.

I will take Baltimore.

Just tossing this out for group consumption, but would it be easier to do the draft over the weekend or starting on Monday, June 4? The draft itself doesn't happen until Thursday, June 8.

I ask because it's sunny and people tend to do things on the weekend whereas most us, I'm guessing, are shackled to a computer during the week days.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Just tossing this out for group consumption, but would it be easier to do the draft over the weekend or starting on Monday, June 4? The draft itself doesn't happen until Thursday, June 8.

I ask because it's sunny and people tend to do things on the weekend whereas most us, I'm guessing, are shackled to a computer during the week days.

Thanks for bringing this up. This weekend would be bad for me. My son is playing in a Memorial Day tournament and likely will be playing 5-7 games this weekend, so I doubt I'll be online very much. Next weekend I might be able to manage, but still anytime during the week is better for me than the weekend. Having said all of that, I only have just 1 pick, and it's in the first round, so don't go changing the schedule to please me.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Either way works for me. The first day of the draft is Wednesday the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

word.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Either way works for me. The first day of the draft is Wednesday the 7th.
    My mistake. Though that would still give two-plus days to do the mock draft before the real one (it starts at 2 p.m.) if we started that Monday.

I know I'm not going to be near a computer overly much on the weekend and I imagine that goes for plenty of others as well. It's conceivable that with people having different windows of availability, a weekend day could see no more than a few picks tick off the board ... or OBM would be swimming in proxy pick PMs.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

It doesn't seem as if anyone has taken the Twins, so if that's open I would like to select them.

I would suggest starting as soon as possible. Even if only a few picks are made on the weekend. That would help ensure getting the 3 rounds completed. The teams at the top should be allowed to pick as soon as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    It doesn't seem as if anyone has taken the Twins, so if that's open I would like to select them.
    Wayne, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Wayne, is that you?
    I wish, then I would be the GM of the Reds. That would be awes.... wait a minute....well....

If it's not held on the weekend then I can't participate. But I really don't mind if you guys want to do it during the weekday, I could let someone pick for me or I could leave a list of players for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    I would suggest starting as soon as possible. Even if only a few picks are made on the weekend. That would help ensure getting the 3 rounds completed. The teams at the top should be allowed to pick as soon as they can.
    That's also fine with me. Whatyya other folks think?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I work 8-430 every weekday with no computer with internet access, so as long as that wouldnt really get in the way...I dont mind how its done.

Turn Off Ads?