Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

I can only go back one page of threads on the ORG. Is that normal?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just went back to page 501 from 2007.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I can only go back one page of threads on the ORG. Is that normal?
    I just went into settings, general settings, and changed "thread age cutoff" to all time, now shows 534 pages instead of the 2 it was showing.

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-09-2018),kaldaniels (09-08-2018)

As you can see I'm a relatively new here, but I have a few things I wanted to throw out there. Is there anyway to get a notification if someone replies to your post or likes your post? I find that I miss out on a lot of conversations because it gets buried deep into a thread quickly and I don't see it until a day or two later. A site I used to be on would do this and it would be a good reminder and take you back to that point in the thread and then you can respond. Also allowing you to "at" someone similar to how twitter works. So if you have a post and type @hammertime it would send me a notification in that post so I would be more likely to see it. Similar to how a notification comes for a PM. Maybe this has been addressed before or simply isn't possible with the forum technology but worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    As you can see I'm a relatively new here, but I have a few things I wanted to throw out there. Is there anyway to get a notification if someone replies to your post or likes your post? I find that I miss out on a lot of conversations because it gets buried deep into a thread quickly and I don't see it until a day or two later. A site I used to be on would do this and it would be a good reminder and take you back to that point in the thread and then you can respond.
    As far as I know, that's not possible in the stock vBulletin version we currently run.

Also allowing you to "at" someone similar to how twitter works. So if you have a post and type @hammertime it would send me a notification in that post so I would be more likely to see it. Similar to how a notification comes for a PM. Maybe this has been addressed before or simply isn't possible with the forum technology but worth a shot.
    I believe that's also not possible. Admittedly, we are running an old version of vBulletin, and it's possible, if not likely, that newer versions offer either or both of these features. However, unless there's a compelling reason reason to upgrade, such as this version no longer be supported, we're probably going to stick with what we have.

8. Likes:

KronoRed (04-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    As far as I know, that's not possible in the stock vBulletin version we currently run.

I believe that's also not possible. Admittedly, we are running an old version of vBulletin, and it's possible, if not likely, that newer versions offer either or both of these features. However, unless there's a compelling reason reason to upgrade, such as this version no longer be supported, we're probably going to stick with what we have.
    Understandable, the old site I referenced used Vbulletin as well so must have been an upgraded version. It did make it much easier to follow conversations. Thanks for the reply!

Understandable, the old site I referenced used Vbulletin as well so must have been an upgraded version. It did make it much easier to follow conversations. Thanks for the reply!
    You're welcome. If it ran bulletin, let me know if you can find what version they're using. It should be at the bottom if each forum page.

You're welcome. If it ran bulletin, let me know if you can find what version they're using. It should be at the bottom if each forum page.
    All I see is vBulletin © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Thankfully, the Reds are underachieving so long-time posters can settle old scores.

To those reading this thread, notice how I posted my snarky, non-baseball related comment on this thread rather than inundating the ORG with similar thoughts? So my current site feedback is to get the personal/petty crap off of the baseball threads. And there are offenders on both sides (and there are clearly "sides" at play here).
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 05-04-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Eh, I like this thread as a thread discussing the nuts and bolts of the site.

Perhaps there should be an “Airing of the Greivances” thread for posts such as the one above.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Thankfully, the Reds are underachieving so long-time posters can settle old scores.

To those reading this thread, notice how I posted my snarky, non-baseball related comment on this thread rather than inundating the ORG with similar thoughts? So my current site feedback is to get the personal/petty crap off of the baseball threads. And there are offenders on both sides (and there are clearly "sides" at play here).
    I don't find anything about your post here to be snarky. It's straight forward and to the point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Eh, I like this thread as a thread discussing the nuts and bolts of the site.

Perhaps there should be an “Airing of the Greivances” thread for posts such as the one above.
    Do we really want to encourage more whining?

Anyone know if you can put a fraction into a poll question for time length?

It asks days for polls, when hours would be better. Can I put in 2.5? or will that round it up to 3 or down to 2 or simply tell me it's invalid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Anyone know if you can put a fraction into a poll question for time length?

It asks days for polls, when hours would be better. Can I put in 2.5? or will that round it up to 3 or down to 2 or simply tell me it's invalid?
    I'm not sure, but if you want to test it out, I can close or delete it if it doesn't work as you intend.

I'm not sure, but if you want to test it out, I can close or delete it if it doesn't work as you intend.
    I tried it, it just rounds down. No biggie - just leave it.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-26-2019)

Things are really screwed up on the site this morning. Lots of troubles when posting replies. The site bogs down, asks you if you want to wait or leave site, then we get a database error and thrown off the site. Upon logging back in, most typically the post in question was doubled. Please look into this

Turn Off Ads?