Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What if Red Sox fans could not discuss Manny Ramirez?

Because he's a polarizing part of that teams recent history and yet a large part of it as well.

Adam Dunn is a baseball outlier and that and a all the kings horseman won't change that or the fact that he his the Reds all time leader in games played in LF.. ALL TIME.

That's not going away nor is the reaction his game creates when discussed. It's kind of hard to not discuss an active player 1/2 a season removed from the team after he was talked about for the last decade.
    There doesn't seem to be much Griffey talk around the boards these days and he was here longer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No need to repeat any of what has been said in the last few pages.

For what it's worth, I have donated to the site (tonight, as a matter of fact), as I have for the last several years, because it is a worthwhile place. It took me a little while longer this year, but well, money's tight.

That said, the board has been over-moderated WAY too much of late, and frankly, it is killing discussion in general. IMO. If that's the goal, that's fine, it is succeeding. It is far less fun when everything typed is measured against wondering if it walks too close to an ever-shifting line that is apparent only to the mods. And, while we're here, I find my patience with posters in general with whom I disagree has actually been tried far more in this environment, where it feels like the mods are letting some get away with stuff that if others engaged in, they would get in "trouble". I in no manner think that is actually the case, but it FEELS like it, and that is a direct result of censorhip and over-moderation. Like B follows A, you start down this road, and it leads to unnnecessary tension among posters and toward mods. It's no win.

So what we are left with is a board that is less fun, less full of legit discourse (whether prickly or not), and full of posters who are walking on eggshells and unhappy to be doing so.

It seems an odd choice to make, and I genuinely wish you all were not making that choice.

For what it's worth.

---Aaron
    Last edited by membengal; 03-28-2009 at 11:50 PM.

All,

After discussion with GIK, we have decided to relax the rules as they apply to Adam Dunn - he will no longer be a "forbidden" topic (that was never actually the case, but we wanted to ensure that anything involving him had not already been sufficiently discussed). The same rules that apply throughout the site, listed at the bottom of every page, will continue to apply to this and any other topic, so make sure you are keeping any discussion civil with other fellow posters. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    All,

After discussion with GIK, we have decided to relax the rules as they apply to Adam Dunn - he will no longer be a "forbidden" topic (that was never actually the case, but we wanted to ensure that anything involving him had not already been sufficiently discussed). The same rules that apply throughout the site, listed at the bottom of every page, will continue to apply to this and any other topic, so make sure you are keeping any discussion civil with other fellow posters. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.
    Thanks, Boss. Honestly, how you just stated it is perfectly fine with me. As long as the rules as they are written on the bottom of the page are enforced there shouldn't be any problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    All,

Thanks Boss, I think that's all any of us were asking.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    At what point will I again be allowed to discuss my favorite baseball player, Adam Dunn?

Thanks
    Oh this post was too funny.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Oh this post was too funny.

Well done.
    I guess opened up a bit of a 'can of worms' with that post...

I always find myself wondering how to do this and I'm sure the answer is simple...

How do you just quote part of a post...I see it done all the time with a reply to a post that portions out the orignal post.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I always find myself wondering how to do this and I'm sure the answer is simple...

How do you just quote part of a post...I see it done all the time with a reply to a post that portions out the orignal post.

Thank you!
    Click the quote button for the message you'd like to respond to and remove the portion of the original post you don't wish to quote.

Quick question...

How do I earn access to post in the Sun Deck?

Quote Originally Posted by Parrothead Red View Post
    Quick question...

How do I earn access to post in the Sun Deck?
    Please re-read the "About Us" section that was presented to you upon registration.

I was hoping to figure out how to put something else under my name instead of "Member". I originally thought maybe it was something you earned from your number of posts, but I've seen posters with fewer posts than me with their own little saying or nickname under their actually username rather than just "Member". Could someone help me out with that? If so, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by highheat11 View Post
    I was hoping to figure out how to put something else under my name instead of "Member". I originally thought maybe it was something you earned from your number of posts, but I've seen posters with fewer posts than me with their own little saying or nickname under their actually username rather than just "Member". Could someone help me out with that? If so, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Try User CP | Edit Your Details | Custom User Title.

Votto = MVP

I was just reading through the Feedback/Questions forum to find out how to do the same thing with the Custom User Title and it's not available on my Edit Your Details page. Is there an issue regarding the time I've been a member of RedsZone? (I joined not too long ago) It's not a huge deal for me, but if it were possible I would like to be able to have a Custom User Title.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Quote Originally Posted by WILD THING View Post
    I was just reading through the Feedback/Questions forum to find out how to do the same thing with the Custom User Title and it's not available on my Edit Your Details page. Is there an issue regarding the time I've been a member of RedsZone? (I joined not too long ago) It's not a huge deal for me, but if it were possible I would like to be able to have a Custom User Title.
    Give it a try now.

Turn Off Ads?