Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 721 to 731 of 731

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

  1. #721
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,964

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    I can only go back one page of threads on the ORG. Is that normal?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #722
    Member 919191's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    the corner bar
    Posts
    3,910

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    I just went back to page 501 from 2007.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

  4. #723
    Member Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I can only go back one page of threads on the ORG. Is that normal?
    I just went into settings, general settings, and changed "thread age cutoff" to all time, now shows 534 pages instead of the 2 it was showing.

  5. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (09-09-2018),kaldaniels (09-08-2018)

  6. #724
    Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    322

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    As you can see I'm a relatively new here, but I have a few things I wanted to throw out there. Is there anyway to get a notification if someone replies to your post or likes your post? I find that I miss out on a lot of conversations because it gets buried deep into a thread quickly and I don't see it until a day or two later. A site I used to be on would do this and it would be a good reminder and take you back to that point in the thread and then you can respond. Also allowing you to "at" someone similar to how twitter works. So if you have a post and type @hammertime it would send me a notification in that post so I would be more likely to see it. Similar to how a notification comes for a PM. Maybe this has been addressed before or simply isn't possible with the forum technology but worth a shot.

  7. #725
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,120

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    As you can see I'm a relatively new here, but I have a few things I wanted to throw out there. Is there anyway to get a notification if someone replies to your post or likes your post? I find that I miss out on a lot of conversations because it gets buried deep into a thread quickly and I don't see it until a day or two later. A site I used to be on would do this and it would be a good reminder and take you back to that point in the thread and then you can respond.
    As far as I know, that's not possible in the stock vBulletin version we currently run.

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Also allowing you to "at" someone similar to how twitter works. So if you have a post and type @hammertime it would send me a notification in that post so I would be more likely to see it. Similar to how a notification comes for a PM. Maybe this has been addressed before or simply isn't possible with the forum technology but worth a shot.
    I believe that's also not possible. Admittedly, we are running an old version of vBulletin, and it's possible, if not likely, that newer versions offer either or both of these features. However, unless there's a compelling reason reason to upgrade, such as this version no longer be supported, we're probably going to stick with what we have.

  8. Likes:

    KronoRed (04-16-2019)

  9. #726
    Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    322

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    As far as I know, that's not possible in the stock vBulletin version we currently run.



    I believe that's also not possible. Admittedly, we are running an old version of vBulletin, and it's possible, if not likely, that newer versions offer either or both of these features. However, unless there's a compelling reason reason to upgrade, such as this version no longer be supported, we're probably going to stick with what we have.
    Understandable, the old site I referenced used Vbulletin as well so must have been an upgraded version. It did make it much easier to follow conversations. Thanks for the reply!

  10. #727
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,120

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Understandable, the old site I referenced used Vbulletin as well so must have been an upgraded version. It did make it much easier to follow conversations. Thanks for the reply!
    You're welcome. If it ran bulletin, let me know if you can find what version they're using. It should be at the bottom if each forum page.

  11. #728
    Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    322

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    You're welcome. If it ran bulletin, let me know if you can find what version they're using. It should be at the bottom if each forum page.
    All I see is vBulletin 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

  12. #729
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    1,535

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Thankfully, the Reds are underachieving so long-time posters can settle old scores.

    To those reading this thread, notice how I posted my snarky, non-baseball related comment on this thread rather than inundating the ORG with similar thoughts? So my current site feedback is to get the personal/petty crap off of the baseball threads. And there are offenders on both sides (and there are clearly "sides" at play here).
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 05-04-2019 at 09:03 AM.

  13. #730
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,964

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Eh, I like this thread as a thread discussing the nuts and bolts of the site.

    Perhaps there should be an “Airing of the Greivances” thread for posts such as the one above.

  14. #731
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,842

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Thankfully, the Reds are underachieving so long-time posters can settle old scores.

    To those reading this thread, notice how I posted my snarky, non-baseball related comment on this thread rather than inundating the ORG with similar thoughts? So my current site feedback is to get the personal/petty crap off of the baseball threads. And there are offenders on both sides (and there are clearly "sides" at play here).
    I don't find anything about your post here to be snarky. It's straight forward and to the point

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Eh, I like this thread as a thread discussing the nuts and bolts of the site.

    Perhaps there should be an “Airing of the Greivances” thread for posts such as the one above.
    Do we really want to encourage more whining?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator