Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. It is not possible to do what you're proposing; though you put some thought into this, which I always appreciate, even if this were possible, I would not be in favor of implementing it because it inhibits discussion rather than promotes it. You're always going to have a handful of people that disagree with the rules or enforcement of them, but I don't see anything subjective about them. I do agree with your point about the small, repeated rude behavior and that's probably something we need to look into more carefully and frequently to the extent that the moderators' free times allows. Thanks again...
    Thanks for the reply. It was something that popped into my head after posting to the RZ and mowing the grass. The idea may not work for this site, but it did not take much of my time. Psychology is my field and social interaction is what I think about much of the time.

May Redzone become an empire of Redleg discussion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is there a reason I can't post on the Politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Is there a reason I can't post on the Politics forum?
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97217

You need to opt in. Some folks found it a distraction to reds discussion.

Thanks. I was trying to find the threads to the changes but never went to that forum.

For a Level Playing Field

To request access to the sub-forum, please go to your User CP (located here) and click "Group Memberships". This only must be done one time; once approved by an administrator or moderator, you will have access to this sub-forum until if and when you change your mind and contact one of us.
    Will people be denied access to this sub-forum from the get-go since it requires the approval of an administrator or moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Will people be denied access to this sub-forum from the get-go since it requires the approval of an administrator or moderator?
    Yes, but any of the admins/moderators can approve it, so it shouldn't take long at all. Currently, we don't have anyone in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Yes, but any of the admins/moderators can approve it, so it shouldn't take long at all. Currently, we don't have anyone in the queue.
    I think he's asking if its possible that someone might try to opt-in but be told no.....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think he's asking if its possible that someone might try to opt-in but be told no.....
    Oh...if that's the case, unless the user was previously banned from that sub-forum, then no, they wouldn't be rejected.

For a Level Playing Field

Thanks, guys!

Haven't been posting long and my profile shows a total of five posts. It should be 22. Not that big of a deal but I'm interested in gaining ORG access in the future so I want to keep and accurate count. Can I get this corrected?
    "Me carrying a briefcase is like a hotdog wearing earrings." Sparky Anderson

Haven't been posting long and my profile shows a total of five posts. It should be 22. Not that big of a deal but I'm interested in gaining ORG access in the future so I want to keep and accurate count. Can I get this corrected?
    Boise, game thread posts are not included in total post count. Looking at your past posts, this seems to be your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Boise, game thread posts are not included in total post count. Looking at your past posts, this seems to be your issue.

Ok thanks. Did not realize that.
    "Me carrying a briefcase is like a hotdog wearing earrings." Sparky Anderson

I've never understood why game thread posts don't count. Can somebody explain that to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I've never understood why game thread posts don't count. Can somebody explain that to me?
    Post count is one of two requirements to apply for ORG posting access and we feel posts in the game threads along the lines of "Bruce!" (following a HR) should not count towards that total.

Turn Off Ads?