Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I think it should be noted that no reading access has been affected, only certain posting privileges. How else can the moderators modify negative behavior if they don't occasionally withdraw or bestow privileges?
    Lets think of the overall good of the board, rather than our own specific situation.
    Nothing quite like reading something I can no longer post my opinion too. Not like that mattered to begin with anyway. I think I might file my resignment from the board by the end of the night as well.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well at least the game thread has been improved. Here is some of tonight's "quality discussion":

"That was...interesting"

"Dunn - error"

"Wow...just wow"

"Ehem"

"Why?"

"I missed that..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Well at least the game thread has been improved. Here is some of tonight's "quality discussion":

"That was...interesting"

"Dunn - error"

"Wow...just wow"

"Ehem"

"Why?"

"I missed that..."

If you know anything about elections, getting 60% of the vote is a mandate. Getting 75% of the vote is unheard of. Getting 75% of people to agree on anything is almost impossible. I would like to know the number of people who actually will receive 75% of the vote to get into ORG.

If the people on the ORG cannot post in the Sundeck, they will not read it, so how will they know who is posting "good" posts or not??

Heck, all I want is a game thread.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

well I just thought a quick stroll through RZ lane would enlighten me on the game and the day's happenings...silly me...

Time to work on my tan, I guess ...have you been watching me change clothes???

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

If you know anything about elections, getting 60% of the vote is a mandate. Getting 75% of the vote is unheard of. Getting 75% of people to agree on anything is almost impossible. I would like to know the number of people who actually will receive 75% of the vote to get into ORG.

If the people on the ORG cannot post in the Sundeck, they will not read it, so how will they know who is posting "good" posts or not??

It's very easy to search for all posts made by a specific poster.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I finally write a post that somebody likes and now I can't get any reputation points.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Getting 75% of people to agree on anything is almost impossible.
    227 guys with little plaques in Cooperstown, NY disagree with you.

Just sayin'
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    That's besides the point really. To play by the rules, get accepted and earn the right to post in ORG and the game threads and to have that taken away and forced to go through another process is just unreasonable.

I'm pretty upset right now and will just walk away from this site for a few days to decide if I even want to come back.
    This is pretty much the way I feel.
    The reds are playing pretty stinky right now and this zone was a fun place to talk in the different aspects such as Redslive and Gamethreads.I enjoyed the dialogue and mostly my posts were in Redslive and Gamethreads with an occassional post in ORG.
    However ....why get used to something or get to enjoying something when the rules will change in a while and you will lose the right all over again.
    People "earned" by your system the right to ORG and the same people lose it again and lose other rights as well....
    To me ....it is almost like the "in" crowd and the "out" crowd. It is easy to see the people that still make up the "in" and apparently , it was getting to crowded so the weeding out process has to take place.
    I am not saying that to be harsh but rather because that is the way it appears from a poster who tried to be fun and objective while never incinuating vulgarity or even a "thumbs down" to anyone.
    Well....maybe as the poster above said....it is time to step back, take some time off and see if I want to go thru this stuff all over again.
    To all who repped me...thank you very much and I hoped you enjoyed my comments as I did so many of yours.
    I didnt always agree but...hey...that's what made debating fun, wasnt it?
    Besides, I am sure some of you guys didnt agree with me always anyway.
    Some may say...."hey do like EE" and hit well and you will make it back up to the bigs.
    That is one way to look at it , but also like this which is my personal viewpoint:
    This isnt the big leagues or the Hall-of-Fame..it is supposedly a fan-friendly forum for the reds fans to gather and talk. A place to get away from the worries of the everyday life:things such as job,school,financial worries etc.
    Oh well,if I post again later....okay, if not, adios and Go Reds !

I am going to venture and say that a good bunch of the ORG snubs are more interesting and entertaining posters than over half of the actual ORG posters

IMO there are many posters who weren't chosen for ORG who deserve to be there and others who were chosen that are curious choices as well. I don't know why I made it and some others didn't. I can't say I like the changes so far.

I hope we can all talk baseball again.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    227 guys with little plaques in Cooperstown, NY disagree with you.

Just sayin'
    and how many guys have been eligible over the last 75 years?

to quote a former Vice President candidate, I know a Hall of Famer, I've met several Hall of Famers, and you all sir are no Hall of Famers...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Re: Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    No, you are allowed to use the chat

http://www.redszone.com/forums/FlashChat/flashchat.php

But no game threads on the Sun Deck.

Are ORG people allowed to chat (mingle) during the game or are they forced to use only the game thread?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I will read it! I've always posted more on Reds Live than ORG. I don't like that I can no longer do that.

And I'm really sorry that you can't have a game thread; I hate that too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Some ruminations on this thread:

1) All rational Redszoners must conclude
    that Boss and GIK have the best interest
    of Redszone at heart after having read the
    agonizing interaction in the *Help Save Redszone*
    threads.
    2) I'm certain Boss, GIK and the current ORG
    members do NOT believe that Sun Deck members
    are incapable of making excellent posts. In fact,
    my guess is that most ORGers believe the opposite.
    I'd wager a guess that *consistency* of post quality
    kept more than a few from making it into ORG.
    Example, awareness of your 10 superb posts may have been seriously eroded by your 2 *xxx sucks*rants and participation in the game thread inanity.
    If this is the case, those deciding who made the cut
    into ORG were NOT making a statement about anyone's ability to make a great post, rather were insisting that
    everyone ( ORG members and Sun Deck members, alike)
    focus on making every post, a quality post.
    3) It is NOT an insult to be a menber of the Sun Deck.
    ORG is for those able to generate quality content, regularly. Those who comment infrequently, or simply prefer to spend their time reading, should be happy and welcome to remain proud Sun Deck members for life.
    I can read every Redszone post from the Sun Deck,
    and if I wish to comment on an ORG post I can still
    pm my thoughts to any participant on an ORG thread.
    It takes time to make quality posts. I'm lazy, these days,
    and I'm considering if I shouldn't ask to be sent down
    to the Sun Deck.
    4) Hats off to Matt and Boss! Hard stuff, is HARD!
    But you made the right decision, imo.

Ga_Red

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Well, as long as I am loved here. I am just giving feedback and asking questions, just like the thread says.

I'm not aware of message boards that 'charge' to join.
    There are several "insider" message boards on the scout.com forums that charge you to join also.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?