Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Have you just given up on a better software solution for RZ or do you just not see it as a problem?

Literally every forum I use other than RZ has made the switch.

I guarantee you that it has negatively affected your traffic.
    I've never had the impression it was this drastic a problem.

2. Likes:

WMR (03-04-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I’m a free loader but I always loved when responses showed up in real time as some sort of auto refresh. That caused system issues and it had to go though. But I agree with Doug - nothing is pushing me away in the slightest, you can do pretty much anything on here.

5. Likes:

Raisor (03-06-2018)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I have to admit, if never been a huge fan of this version. I recently mentioned that the server doesn't process image sizes, and I don't like that multiple replies or posts end up grouped together if you post too quickly in the same thread, and it seems every so often that the database gets all wonky on occasion. There's more but these are just a few examples.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-21-2018),WMR (03-04-2018)

Other then the board letting you know someone quoted your post I can't think of anything xenforo does that's special.

It's message board software, I don't think anyone is being driven away by it, Reddit is hugely popular with a system that reminds me of a BBS from 1996.
    Last edited by KronoRed; 03-04-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    Go Gators!

9. Likes:

Raisor (03-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Honest question: What would a new platform truly bring that this doesn't have that is literally keeping people away?

I can type here. I can post images. I can post videos. What is the big feature that's missing?
    I think, at this point, it's simply because RZ is the "other" more than anything else.

It's just jarring when you come to RZ and see a forum operating on a software platform so distinctly different from the one used by every other forum. There are other quality of life differences as well, however. KalDaniels elucidated one.

Not being able to tag people, for instance, sucks.

On xenforo I would tag him via @kronored right now and tell him, "No, I'm not receiving any financial compensation from xenforo for this message."

I agree with WOY that moving would be a pain in the butt but I also have little doubt it would be better for the site in the long run.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-04-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I think, at this point, it's simply because RZ is the "other" more than anything else.

It's just jarring when you come to RZ and see a forum operating on a software platform so distinctly different from the one used by every other forum. There are other quality of life differences as well, however. KalDaniels elucidated one.

Not being able to tag people, for instance, sucks.

On xenforo I would tag him via @kronored right now and tell him, "No, I'm not receiving any financial compensation from xenforo for this message."

I agree with WOY that moving would be a pain in the butt but I also have little doubt it would be better for the site in the long run.
    Yeah, there are a few things that were brought up that I do find frustrating every so often, but it's not keeping me away. The rest of you people..... well, that might keep me away at times.

Seriously though, this is the only message board that I actually go to. I don't know what other places really look like, other than reddit - which I find terrible. I was wondering if I was missing out on some awesome feature.

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-08-2018),Raisor (03-06-2018)

Yeah, there are a few things that were brought up that I do find frustrating every so often, but it's not keeping me away. The rest of you people..... well, that might keep me away at times.

Seriously though, this is the only message board that I actually go to. I don't know what other places really look like, other than reddit - which I find terrible. I was wondering if I was missing out on some awesome feature.
    ....how's the Anna Kendrick board on reddit?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    ....how's the Anna Kendrick board on reddit?
    I've literally only used reddit to see their lacking Reds forum - and only then because every so often I get a decent traffic boost from there and wonder what people are saying.

The site could be in Sanskrit and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't keep you away, Doug.

Why does the editing software continue to change caps to lowercase?!!!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

What's best way to post a tweet showing the original?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    What's best way to post a tweet showing the original?
    A nice utility to have is one that converts a tweet to bbcode. I've considered creating one myself for personal use.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I appreciate Jax informing us in the Mesoraco thread that the OP was suspended for a week. I like the transparency. In the past suspensions have been all hush hush.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I appreciate Jax informing us in the Mesoraco thread that the OP was suspended for a week. I like the transparency. In the past suspensions have been all hush hush.
    To be honest, unless some posts were deleted from that thread (that were significantly worse than the ones left), a one week suspension (any suspension for that matter) was heavy handed.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    To be honest, unless some posts were deleted from that thread (that were significantly worse than the ones left), a one week suspension (any suspension for that matter) was heavy handed.
    I assumed the one week was due to something else...if it was due to the Devin thread I would agree with you. Now, if the OP had been on double secret probation prior, that's another thing.

Turn Off Ads?