Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Post count is one of two requirements to apply for ORG posting access and we feel posts in the game threads along the lines of "Bruce!" (following a HR) should not count towards that total.
    Alright, fair enough, but what about those already in the ORG? Why not let their posts count?

BTW, I'm not as concerned about this as I probably seem -- I'm just curious is all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I suppose we figured the same should apply across the board - especially if we ever need to do something similar with ORG people's post counts (I certainly don't anticipate that, but I suppose it's possible).

Boss, has there been any decision on the board's format and will there be a change in the next month or two?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Boss, has there been any decision on the board's format and will there be a change in the next month or two?
    Yes. We've taken care of a couple of minor, behind the scenes moves, but real life stuff has prevented GIK and I from completely implementing the plan we agreed to late in the summer.

So while I can't give you an exact time table, I would imagine after the holidays you can expect to see more significant movement in this area. It's certainly unintentional that it hasn't moved nearly as fast as I'd have liked, but it's not as simple as flipping a proverbial switch, either.

Many of us have notice some server lag/errors over the past few days. My keen scientific mind had identified the problem as too much Reds-flavored positive psychic energy for the server. Is it possible to add a power crystal or two to boost the Redslove energy flow?

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Many of us have notice some server lag/errors over the past few days. My keen scientific mind had identified the problem as too much Reds-flavored positive psychic energy for the server. Is it possible to add a power crystal or two to boost the Redslove energy flow?
    If you stand by an open window and hold one of those silver things that you found on the table way out high, I find that improves computer performance, especially if there are dark clouds and lightning bolts in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If you stand by an open window and hold one of those silver things that you found on the table way out high, I find that improves computer performance, especially if there are dark clouds and lightning bolts in the area.
    I did as you suggested. I saw a flash and now air tastes like a battery. Did an angel just visit me?

I did as you suggested. I saw a flash and now air tastes like a battery. Did an angel just visit me?
    A harp (halo?) of Angels. But do not despair, we took two out of three from them.

I could just "like" this, but I'm not going to do that.

I'm going to take the time to write: I like you, you're silly.

We're aware we are still experiencing server issues, and we're working very hard with our host to resolve them. Everything was OK until the traffic (expectedly) increased once the season started, but we had no way of knowing exactly how much it would increase or if our current configuration could accommodate that number of users visiting the site. As a result, there wasn't a whole lot we could have done before now to prevent this from happening. As always, we appreciate your patience while we work to get the issue(s) resolved once and for all.

I will update this thread with new developments as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I could just "like" this, but I'm not going to do that.

I'm going to take the time to write: I like you, you're silly.
    You are making me blush.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    We're aware we are still experiencing server issues, and we're working very hard with our host to resolve them. Everything was OK until the traffic (expectedly) increased once the season started, but we had no way of knowing exactly how much it would increase or if our current configuration could accommodate that number of users visiting the site. As a result, there wasn't a whole lot we could have done before now to prevent this from happening. As always, we appreciate your patience while we work to get the issue(s) resolved once and for all.

I will update this thread with new developments as they come.
    Thanks for the update. Too much traffic is a good problem to have.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    How can I get on the politics/ religious section. Says I don't have access. Thanks.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    How can I get on the politics/ religious section. Says I don't have access. Thanks.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97217

Boss,

Recently I have noticed that I am unable to see a few of the flash functionalities on my computer:

-I don't see a number of users viewing a specific forum
    -Threads don't update while I read them as they had previously as "live threads."

Here are my computer and browser numbers:

Macbook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core i5
    4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Mac OS X 10.8.3

Google Chrome
    Version 27.0.1453.93

It might be something on my end, but this is pretty recent and may have coincided with another change or something. The fact that I just noticed it in the last week doesn't necessarily mean that it happened today- I might have just not been paying attention.

Thanks!

Edit- I just cleared all browsing data including cookies and cache, and the problem is still there.
    Last edited by Plus Plus; 06-04-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Turn Off Ads?