Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Seriously, look into it. They're spectacular and nobody knows what causes them.
    Alcohol

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Alcohol
    Rosiar Lohocla
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Sorry, I forgot I had posted in here, but it was a chat/call in thingy for sure.
    Thanks - it should now be blocked. We already had the "dating" category blocked, so I have no idea what other category they classify that ad as. I was able to review individual ads and block it, but let me know if you find any other NSFW ads. If you do, please provide a description of the ad, as well as the URL (right click on it, copy the URL, and paste it here).

Yesterday I saw a Fredericks of Hollywood ad with a nice looking girl in a skimpy nighty. I'm not complaining but just thought I'd let you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yesterday I saw a Fredericks of Hollywood ad with a nice looking girl in a skimpy nighty. I'm not complaining but just thought I'd let you know...
    The next time you see it, please copy and paste the URL so I can block it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    The next time you see it, please copy and paste the URL so I can block it.
    Will do although I do have mixed emotions...

8. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-01-2014)

The current ad is for "Goof Off"

I find that ironic.

Here is a problem I've been having and can't figure out. First some background in my problem description. When I'm reading Redszone, I go to the forum, view the list of unread threads, start at the bottom of the list and read through by using the "Next Thread" link. When I finish one, it takes me to the next one and I really don't know which thread is going to appear next.

My Issue is this. Every time the thread titled, "Just for Fun, Best Baseball GIFs..." appears in my window as the current thread, I lose my internet connection. My computer is still connected to my router and my modem still shows as connected, but my internet access is gone. I need to restart both my cable modem and my router and usually reboot the PC to get the connection back.

Anybody know why this happens and how to stop it? Is it virus prevention (and could there be a virus embedded in one of those GIFs that load in page 1??). Is it a setting in my computer? If there is no way to stop it, is there a way to prevent this thread from appearing? Is it possible to put a thread on ignore so you just skip over it automatically when it comes up in line (would be handy for a few other threads as well)?

It's getting annoying. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-04-2014 at 05:05 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

That's a very odd problem that I unfortunately do not know how to solve. I can confirm I've never had any issues losing connectivity when viewing that thread. As far as ignoring a thread (or threads), it's not possible to do with stock vBulletin but may be possible via an addon. If enough people would find this ability useful, I'll see if I can find one and implement it.

Hopefully you can figure out what's causing this issue soon...

Attachment 7340

This ad cracks me up, and I'm never going to find out what the heck it's for... but I will note it seems pretty darn stupid

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Attachment 7340

This ad cracks me up, and I'm never going to find out what the heck it's for... but I will note it seems pretty darn stupid
    I don't understand why this advertisement was shown (I had already blocked any category or subcategory that it could realistically fall in). I've gone ahead and blocked this specific ad moving forward, but please let me know if you continue to see anything along these lines. Thanks for letting me know.

Seems to be slow loading pages at times lately.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I don't understand why this advertisement was shown (I had already blocked any category or subcategory that it could realistically fall in). I've gone ahead and blocked this specific ad moving forward, but please let me know if you continue to see anything along these lines. Thanks for letting me know.
    Just saw that ad again. Not sure what it is.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Just saw that ad again. Not sure what it is.
    Thanks for letting me know. I blocked that provider's entire domain, so hopefully that addresses it. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Is it just me or do the search functions really stink since the changeover?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?