Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Guys (and gals)...

Boss and I compiled the 'start-up' ORG member list over a week of deliberation. It wasn't an easy task, that's for sure. However, the ORG is not a concrete group. You can apply (temporarily disabled until we fix this function) or be nominated and then possibly be voted in. You can still read The Old Red Guard - and every other public forum here at RedsZone. We both knew this decision wouldn't be popular, but it was a decision we both felt needed to be made. In time we believe this will prove to be the right choice.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How does the voting work?

EDIT- It says 75% of voters... so every ORG member has to vote (or the highest amount vote yes to where the remaining wouldn't be over 25%)
    Last edited by TeamSelig; 05-21-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Old Red Guard Reject

Re: Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

What happened to avatars?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    How does the voting work?
    Details are in the announcement that shows at the top of every forum:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/annou...t.php?f=31&a=2
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    Just a question but was there a problem with the old system? I wasn't in the ORG (yet), but I was getting close. I've been a member here for a long time but I don't post often and am more of a lurker anyway, but I thought the rep system worked quite well. Was the rep getting out of hand? Or being abused by some to "game" the system? Was the mixing of Red's Live with ORG posters causing a lowest common denominator? Or were you just borred this weekend and needed something else to take flak for.

Please don't take this as criticism I'm just curious as to what led to the decision. The announcement only stated what was changed it didn't really address the why it changed.
    About Us mentions why they changed it. Although I didn't make the cut, I have to say I agree my posts usually added little in the way of intelligent baseball conversation, as I am frequently focused on joking around and insulting players I don't like. I felt a lot more comfortable in Reds Live anyway, and plan to stay at the kiddie table for as long as possible. I confess I went through a few minutes of surprise and disappointment, but I've already gotten over it. Thanks to the powers that be for not booting us entirely off the site; it really does rock.

Avatars are disabled for non-ORG members, just as they were previous to the split.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Not sure I understand the reasoning why those of us who earned the right to post in ORG and the game threads must do so again?

I read the announcement, didn't exactly answer my question though. In order to be promoted to the ORG, the forum leaders have to vote until at least 75% of the members vote yes??? Some of the ORG members average as low as .018 posts per day, sounds like it might take a very long time for 3/4ths of the list to vote (assuming they all vote yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    I agree 100% with you.

I've been reading and posting for ~1.5 years and usually stick to the
    'Old Red Guard' forum. Now I've been kicked out.

Screw it. If I'm not good enough to post on the Old Reds Guard forum I'll just quit posting at all. I put up with lots of B.S. at work. I don't need it in my hobbies which are supposed to be fun.
    Totally agree. How can you kick out members who hard to earned their access to ORG. I've also started contributing in the game threads and now that has been taken away.

Now for me to participate in a game thread I have to go back to cincinnati.com and deal with esaskywhirl. :thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I read the announcement, didn't exactly answer my question though. In order to be promoted to the ORG, the forum leaders have to vote until at least 75% of the members vote yes??? Some of the ORG members average as low as .018 posts per day, sounds like it might take a very long time for 3/4ths of the list to vote (assuming they all vote yes)
    Minimum of 50 ORG members must vote. The polls stay open for at least 72 hours.
    Last edited by paintmered; 05-21-2007 at 02:12 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Totally agree. How can you kick out members who hard to earned their access to ORG. I've also started contributing in the game threads and now that has been taken away.

Now for me to participate in a game thread I have to go back to cincinnati.com and deal with esaskywhirl. :thumbdown
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/FlashChat/flashchat.php

Try it, you might like it.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    Details are in the announcement that shows at the top of every forum:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/annou...t.php?f=31&a=2
    I don't think that necessarily answered his question though, because I was wondering the same thing. It says a user must get 75% of a vote on his eligibility, but it doesn't say how many voters are required.

If there are 100 ORG posters, you'd need 75 of them on your side.

But if only 10 of them vote, you'd need 8. So, does everyone in ORG have to vote before you get in?
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 05-21-2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: PaintMeRed answered it for me

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I don't think that necessarily answered his question though, because I was wondering the same thing. It says a user must get 75% of a vote on his eligibility, but it doesn't say how many voters are required.

If there are 100 ORG posters, you'd need 75 of them on your side.

But if only 10 of them vote, you'd need 8. So, does everyone in ORG have to vote before you get in?
    50 are supposed to vote and it will stay open for a minimum of 72 hours first.

Additionally it's not likely you'll know you are being voted on, so worrying about how long it will take or who votes is fruitless.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

No kidding.

I seriously don't see what was so hard about letting ORG members stay ORG members.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    That's besides the point really. To play by the rules, get accepted and earn the right to post in ORG and the game threads and to have that taken away and forced to go through another process is just unreasonable.

I'm pretty upset right now and will just walk away from this site for a few days to decide if I even want to come back.

Turn Off Ads?