Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: time to call up Majewski

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    190

    time to call up Majewski

    The guy pitched poorly in his first three outings in Louisville. However, look at his stats for his last 7 appearances:

    7 IP, 2 H, 0 ER

    I know people dislike him because he brings back bad feelings about the trade. However, I think he is a better option than Coffey at this point. I say bring Majewski up and option Coffey to AAA to work on locating his fastball and throwing a breaking ball for strikes.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    861

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. Something is wrong with Coffey and he needs to get it worked out, thats hard to do on the big club.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    394

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    My hands over my eyes peeking through my fingers watching Coffey is giving old. I would love to see Majewski come up!!

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    407

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    Don't send coffey down! His confidence could be ruined... put him in easy situations for now. But yes, bring up majewski.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    861

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    I think his confidence is already gone. They need to get him regular work and get the problem figured out. You can't do that enough with made to order situations in the majors, thats what AAA is for. I am a Coffey fan and I want to see him do well, but right now whenever I see him comming in to the game I cringe.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    I agree that it's time for Majewski to get another shot. He couldn't be any worse than some of the others.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  8. #7
    Member durl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashvull
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    I just don't see how sending down a young player who's having problems playing at the big-league level shatters their confidence.

    At some point, these guys have got to realize that teams are spending TONS of cash on them and there's always another player ready to take their place. Professional sports is no place for someone with little confidence.

  9. #8
    got alil captain in u?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bridgeport Ohio
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    i agree bring him up but the next tough choice is who whould krivsky send down can't be burton or he goes back to the A's salmon pitching well as of late my choice would be santos lately he hasn't been very good

  10. #9
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Don't send coffey down! His confidence could be ruined... put him in easy situations for now. But yes, bring up majewski.
    There's no reason in my eyes to have Coffey taking up a roster spot as the designated "easy situation pitcher."

    I'd like to see him sent to AAA and take over the closers role. A high-pressure roster spot, but on a lower scale. I think it could do him some good, and if not, what do you lose... other than some games for the Bats.

  11. #10
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    Coffey could use some time in AAA to work out the kinks. He can be a solid big league reliever, but trotting him out there to get shelled is not the way to bring about postitive change. I think a stint with teh Bats wopuld only help him...he doesn't seem like the type of guy to have his confidence shattered by a trip down.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    I agree with Coffey to the minors way of thinking. If he can't deal with it mentally, then he doesn't have the make-up to be a big league pitcher.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  13. #12
    Something clever pahster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    I would think that Majewski would be with the Reds if he was 100%. The fact that he isn't leads me to believe that he's not entirely healthy (which really isn't that surprising). Even if he was, it's not like he projects to be The Savior, anyway.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    What's his velocity? If its down by 5 mph at this point of the year, that's not a good sign of his arm's fitness.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,628

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    Looks to me like Majewski's demonstrated he's ready to go. Santos was the reason they won tonight so I don't see sending him down. Coffey's the one who needs the work that he can get at AAA. This problem's going to have to be faced again with Bray and then maybe again with Guardado.

  16. #15
    got alil captain in u?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bridgeport Ohio
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: time to call up Majewski

    it's gonna be some tough calls for WK who goes down when majewski is called up and when bray and everday eddie are ready


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25