Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ESPN put in their place...by mother.

ESPN put in their place...by mother.

I read this on the Lexington Herald-Leader's online sports section this morning and it cracked me up.

Let's make a deal

ESPN tried to get a hoop scoop on Patrick Patterson's college choice. The cable network offered to televise the player's announcement if he would reveal the choice a half hour before the 3:45 p.m. news conference.

That way, ESPN gets a scoop to put on a crawl at the bottom of the screen, while Patterson gets national exposure.

"Thank you, but no thank you," the player's mother, Tywanna Patterson, said she told ESPN. "This is what he wanted to do. More personal and at the high school ... .

"This is not about show. It's about family."

Patterson described his mother's reaction as telling ESPN, "You can come to the news conference like everybody else."
    For those of us who have lost the fascination with ESPN, this is priceless.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: ESPN put in their place...by mother.

Mr. Patterson had better stay out of trouble during his college career. My guess is that ESPN won't forget getting a finger poked in its eye. Any infraction he commits on or off the court is almost certain to get saturation coverage there now.
    /r/reds

I think everyone is tired of ESPN and it's nice to see that everyone doesn't worship at their altar.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Mr. Patterson had better stay out of trouble during his college career. My guess is that ESPN won't forget getting a finger poked in its eye. Any infraction he commits on or off the court is almost certain to get saturation coverage there now.
    See Griffey, George Kenneth Junior, circa 2000-2004.

Turn Off Ads?