IMO, he's done

Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Henry...again

Who had May 21 in the pool?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Get him out of town. No need to continue getting bad press because he continues to make bad decisions. (If this turns out to be true)

Call me naive, but what drug is he doing to test positive for an opiate? I've seen the Seinfeld episode, so that's the only knowledge of opium I possess.

Now they're saying that there are conflicting accounts. Henry might not have failed after all.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Call me naive, but what drug is he doing to test positive for an opiate? I've seen the Seinfeld episode, so that's the only knowledge of opium I possess.
    Could be a number of things... morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, heroin.

Did he fail a test or just fail to show up for a test and because of that it is as if he failed? On second thought it doesn't really matter. What else could he have possibly had to do that would be more important than something that could determine his fate as a professional football player?

If this is true that is it for Henry. He was already on an 8 game suspension I am pretty sure the comissioner will kick him out of the league and he deserves it if this turns out to be a true story.

Story is on ESPN.com too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555

Suspended Bengals receiver Chris Henry failed a court-ordered drug test and will have to serve 88 days in jail.

Kenton County (Kentucky) Attorney Garry Edmondson said that Henry tested positive for opiates and he will be forced to serve jail time.

Henry's failed drug test was first reported by WKRC-TV in Cincinnati.

Henry is on probation in Florida. It's unclear whether the reported drug test results will force him to serve jail time there.

The Bengals told ESPN's Bob Holtzman that they expect to release a statement regarding Henry later Monday.

Henry, who has been arrested four times since December 2005, has been suspended for the first eight games of next season for violating the NFL's conduct policies. He spent two days in jail last January after pleading guilty to letting minors drink alcohol in a hotel room he had rented.

Henry received traffic tickets on March 25 for driving with a suspended license, failing to use his turn signal and a seat belt violation. He was allowed to go into a license intervention program to settle the charges.

Henry is permitted to work out at the Bengals' facilities in the offseason and participate in training camp, including preseason games. He won't be allowed to practice with the team when the regular season begins. He will be reinstated after the eighth game if he stays out of trouble.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Henry when he suspended him. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

What a waste.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Strike...5?
    Go Gators!

Someone tell Pat Forde this is why Cincinnati has embraced Josh Hamilton (for now) and not Chris Henry. Dude just cannot or will not learn. Sad.

What a loser.

Hope he never plays another game in his life.

I guess they have one positive and one negative?

Prosecutor: conflicting information now on Henry drug test
    Last Update: May 21, 2007 1:32 PM

The Kenton County Attorney now says his office has conflicting information on drug test results involving Bengals receiver Chris Henry.

Earlier today, Garry Edmondson said Henry had failed a court-ordered drug test, adding that Henry tested positive for opiates.

Edmondson indicated it would force Henry to serve up to 88 days in the Kenton County jail.

Edmondson says one test came back negative. He says results of another test are pending. He would not say who told him the test was positive.

Local 12 continues to follow this story.

He might as well be guilty, even if he's not, the way this story has been handled. The guy's still just a kid, emotionally at least, and if he was trying to get his life on track after his suspension, the way he'll be mocked and lambasted in the media following this episode isn't likely to convince him that he made the right decision.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?