Re: Chris Henry...again

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    By a lot of people, I'd say.
    from people on this board as well

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN View Post
    from people on this board as well
    Agreed. I retract my statement. I never should have made it in the first place.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

For a Level Playing Field

Kenton County (Kentucky) Attorney Garry Edmondson said that Henry tested positive for opiates and he will be forced to serve jail time.
    This big-mouth-liar (at minimum) should be suspended for the first 8 trials of the season.

:thumbdown

Now the Prosecutor says he won't apologize to Henry because the Wide Receiver is "a lowlife not worth the attention."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...705250429/1066

Kenton County Attorney Garry Edmondson on Thursday called Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry a "lowlife" and said he doesn't think he owes anybody an apology.

Edmondson on Monday had told reporters that Henry had failed a drug test, then later said results were "inconclusive."

His office has yet to issue any statement about the test results.

Henry's lawyer said Wednesday that test results show Henry is clean, and that he is owed an apology.

On Thursday, Edmondson said he's "shocked" anybody would be sympathetic toward Henry.

"This is a lowlife not worth the attention," said Edmondson, who made the comments in an interview with David Wells, The Enquirer's editorial page editor.

When told of Edmondson's comments, Marvin Frazier, Henry's New Jersey-based agent, said he was disappointed.

"I'm very upset about everything he said," Frazier said. "This is America. You are innocent until proven guilty."

Henry did not return a message left on his cell phone. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis declined to comment.

Edmondson told reporters Monday morning that Henry failed a drug test and violated his probation in Kenton County.

Later that day, Edmondson said the results were "up in the air. Some say he did (fail), and some say he didn't. It's inconclusive at this point."

Henry is randomly drug-tested as part of his probation in Kentucky and Florida. The receiver is on two years' probation in Orange County, Fla., for a felony gun conviction. He is on probation in Kenton County for allowing a minor to drink alcohol in his hotel room.

Two recent Henry samples initially screened positive, so they were sent to state labs for further analysis.

On Wednesday, a Kentucky government agency announced that its analysis of a sample Henry provided for the state of Florida showed Henry is clean. Also Wednesday, Henry's lawyer, Robert Lotz, said the results of the test Henry took for Kenton County showed the same.

Edmondson said the attention devoted this week to the Henry story is "partly my fault, no doubt," but he also blamed Lotz.

Edmondson said it all started Monday morning, when a Channel 12 reporter approached him and said Lotz had "acted kind of hinky" when he was asked in passing how Henry was doing.

Edmondson then told the reporter that his office had received word the previous week that Henry had failed the two preliminary tests.

"So I told him that the rumor around the courthouse was that he (Henry) had failed a drug test," Edmondson said.

The story was posted, and Edmondson said by the time he got back from lunch on Monday, there were several television cameras waiting for him.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    Now the Prosecutor says he won't apologize to Henry because the Wide Receiver is "a lowlife not worth the attention."
    Very professional.

Something tells me he'll be getting a call from his boss with a message to shut up already. The guy is becoming an embarrassment to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Something tells me he'll be getting a call from his boss with a message to shut up already. The guy is becoming an embarrassment to the office.

You would think. But the guy has to think he has some pretty good job security if he can say stuff like that without repurcussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Edmondson is just digging himself into a deeper hole.
    Last edited by CTA513; 05-25-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Edmondson has no right to do that when he's the one who falsely accused Henry of failing a drug test.

He profiled Henry based on his past....if not more.

Shame on him.

This guy is an elected official. His job security rests in the hands of the citizens of Kenton County. He must have some pretty high polling data to be saying things of this nature about any of this city's beloved Cincinnati Bengals.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

If "the lowlife ain't worth the attention"- why did he bring it up in the first place? He sure thought he was worth the attention when he tested positive.

"This is a lowlife not worth the attention"
    I feel the same way about Edmondson.

I can't argue the fact that he is a lowlife worth any attention, but why would he lie about him failing the test? I'm kind of surprised Henry doesn't sue him or something

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I can't argue the fact that he is a lowlife worth any attention, but why would he lie about him failing the test? I'm kind of surprised Henry doesn't sue him or something

Slander is tough to prove - especially for public figures who are held to lower standards than normal citizens. If Henry sues that prosecutor, Henry's life is going to be an open book. Every bad thing he has done from adolesence to the present is fair game. Pretend you are on a jury hearing this case. You just said that you can't argue that Henry is a lowlife. You just made the defense's case. Truth is the ultimate defense. Hopefully Henry is getting his life back together but there's a reason why people were so ready to believe that he had failed that test. Just cause this guy jumped the gun doesn't erase all of Henry's past crimes.

On a related subject, how about Marvin callng out the police? You have to believe that there have been Bengals players who got into trouble and the cops let it slide because they didn't want them getting into trouble. If I were a Bengal, I'd make sure I bought unbreakable taillights.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Edmonson is a clown. His comments about the Henry case did not surprise me in the least, it's par for the course coming from him. The only reason he was re-elcted the last time is because the guy that ran against him is a much bigger clown, believe it or not.

Turn Off Ads?