Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry...again

Re: Chris Henry...again

This article was up on Cincinnati.com

Henry agent denies report
    BY MARK CURNUTTE

Marvin Frazier, the New Jersey-based agent for Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry, today denied a Kenton Country prosecutor's claim that Henry failed a drug test.

"The final result is negative," Frazier told the Enquirer. "It's all (nonsense)."

Frazier said he talked this afternoon with Bengals player relations director Eric Ball, and Ball told Frazier that the final test was negative.

Ken Easterling, a Kenton County prosecutor, today said initial results indicated that Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry failed a drug test.

However, Easterling stressed that Kenton County is awaiting final analysis from the Kentucky state lab.

"We cannot confirm or deny (Henry's test sample) contains a controlled substance," he said.

Easterling talked to the Enquirer following comments made by Kenton County prosecutor Gary Edmondson, who told television reporters this morning that Henry failed the drug test and that he could be facing jail time.

This afternoon, the Bengals released this statement:

"For Chris Henry to return playing NFL football, the Bengals understand that he must comply with certain legal and NFL-related procedures. To date, to the Club’s knowledge, Chris has been complying with those procedures, and the Club is not aware at this point of any circumstance in which Chris has not complied with his obligations.

"With respect to the Northern Kentucky proceedings, reports to date may not be based on complete information. More information is expected to be made available shortly, once all the procedural tests are complete, and the Club will await any action until that information has been released."

Henry must serve an eight-game suspension in 2007 for a series of off-field incidents. The suspension was issued by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in April.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...10040/-1/CINCI

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is all just a misunderstanding. What probably happened was that Chris had a poppy seed bagel the day he tested positive and that's the problem. I'm sure that's it cause he'd never put his career at risk for doing something stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Maybe he was simply studying for the test?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    This is all just a misunderstanding. What probably happened was that Chris had a poppy seed bagel the day he tested positive and that's the problem. I'm sure that's it cause he'd never put his career at risk for doing something stupid.
    Well IF he did, why didn't he think of having Mrs. Seinfeld pee in ajuice glass for him? Come on, it's really not that difficult Chris...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Maybe he was simply studying for the test?
    Study? come on now
    Go Gators!

Here is my thing. The guy who leaked this information to the press should be fired/sued and ESPN better rethink their position of running to the wire in order to get the information out first. Henry has made more mistakes than most but if he is trying to stay clean and someone reports this to the presses in order to see their name in the limelight should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Here is my thing. The guy who leaked this information to the press should be fired/sued and ESPN better rethink their position of running to the wire in order to get the information out first. Henry has made more mistakes than most but if he is trying to stay clean and someone reports this to the presses in order to see their name in the limelight should be fired.

I agree that the person who leaked the info should be severely reprimanded if not dismissed. But WKRC and profootballtalk.com were the ones who broke this, not ESPN. I'm not a big fan of how ESPN goes about things but they just reported what others did. And who can blame anyone for reporting this as fact? It's not exactly beyond the realm of possibility to believe that Henry failed a drug test. If it were someone like Carson Palmer or Chad Johnson, yeah, you might want to hold off until you are very sure but in this case, the only one at fault here was the person who leaked the info.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

From the Post Bengals blog:

Here is a release that just came out from the Kentucky Division of Probation & Parole

Frankfort, Ky. – In recent days, there have been published and broadcast reports that Chris Henry failed a drug test. This information did not come from the state Division of Probation & Parole. Repeated referrals to our office by the Kenton County Attorney’s office were wrong. The Kenton County Attorney’s Office has no jurisdiction in our probation supervision of Henry. Our office did, however, receive results of a drug test conducted on Henry today, and those results were negative.

The state Division of Probation & Parole, through our District 7 office in Newport, provides probation supervision of Chris Henry for the Florida Division of Probation and Parole. This supervision is provided through what is called the interstate compact agreement and is in connection with Henry’s Florida conviction in 2006 for carrying a concealed firearm. Henry received a sentence of two years supervised probation and that probation, under the interstate agreement, was transferred to Boone County, Kentucky.

Does Henry may have grounds for a lawsuit over this?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I think its funny how most networks ran with this story yet have failed to mention that they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think its funny how most networks ran with this story yet have failed to mention that they were wrong.

That's the way it always is. If it says you're guilty on Page 1, when it turns out you're innocent, it's on page 65 next to the obits.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Hilarious.

Easterling goes and runs his mouth to the public without getting his facts right and it blows up in his face.

Chris Henry is owed and apology.

Ken Easterling =

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I agree that the person who leaked the info should be severely reprimanded if not dismissed. But WKRC and profootballtalk.com were the ones who broke this, not ESPN.

I'd say having the prosecucutor telling you a guy failed his drug test is worth reporting. They didn't "break" the story, the doofus prosecutor did. I can't imagine what the guy was thinking...maybe he's the one who needs to pee in a cup.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Chris Henry is owed and apology.
    By a lot of people, I'd say.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?