Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor about Narron being fired

RedLeg Wildcat

Rumor about Narron being fired

I was listening to the Tony Bruno show(don't ask, lol) and he had somebody on, don't know who, that said there was a rumor going around that Narron would be fired and that Joe Girardi would be hired.

Now, this was a rumor and I have no idea if it has any validity. I'm sorry that I didn't get the guys name as I wasn't paying attention until I heard them talking about the Reds. But was wondering if anyone else heard this or is hearing this anywhere else?

Again, this was just a RUMOR. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this or if it was just ridiculous.
    The Big RED One

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Re: Rumor about Narron being fired

Sounds like that caller has been reading/listening to Lance McAlister a little too much.

Girardi's most likely waiting for Torre to get the ax in the Bronx. I'm not sure he's the kind of guy Castellini wants around anyway. He's got a history of bucking against management. That being said, I once heard Steve Stone refer to him as the fastest catcher in baseball, for whatever that's worth.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    Girardi's most likely waiting for Torre to get the ax in the Bronx. I'm not sure he's the kind of guy Castellini wants around anyway. He's got a history of bucking against management. That being said, I once heard Steve Stone refer to him as the fastest catcher in baseball, for whatever that's worth.
    I don't think Girardi has much of a shot in NY. He's too young for the heavily laden veteran team. Mr. Donny Baseball is the next manager there IMO.

RedLeg Wildcat

Has McAllister been saying this?

I wish I had paid closer attention to the start of the interview. I believe it was a writer or someone like that, not just a caller. But, if McAllister has been saying that then that might be where they got the rumor from.

I haven't seen anything on the web about it so I guess it is probably just blather, but wondered if anyone else had heard anything similar. Didn't know about McAllister talking about it.

Thanks for the info, screwball.
    The Big RED One

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedSmokey View Post
    Has McAllister been saying this?

I wish I had paid closer attention to the start of the interview. I believe it was a writer or someone like that, not just a caller. But, if McAllister has been saying that then that might be where they got the rumor from.

I haven't seen anything on the web about it so I guess it is probably just blather, but wondered if anyone else had heard anything similar. Didn't know about McAllister talking about it.

Thanks for the info, screwball.
    McAllister hasn't been saying it as though it would happen. He's been bringing it up more like he wishes it would happen. I can see where through the channels this can be misconstrued, but I don't recall Lance saying on the air or on his blog anything that sounded remotely like it was going to happen.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    McAllister hasn't been saying it as though it would happen. He's been bringing it up more like he wishes it would happen. I can see where through the channels this can be misconstrued, but I don't recall Lance saying on the air or on his blog anything that sounded remotely like it was going to happen.
    While it's true he never said it would happen, McAlister has been talking about it pretty hard-core on his blog and on his daily show. He especially hints at it under his "Things I'm Told" heading. That is how rumors get started, which is what BigSmokey was referring to.

This team is under achieving. They are more talented that 17-27. I think that Narrons refusal to give the young guys in the pen a chance and relying on washed up pitchers like Stanton and Cormier have hurt this team considerably. I think the players like him but I doubt that they respect him.

I would love for Girardi to be the manager, not because of what he did in Florida, but the track record of good catchers becoming good managers. My fear is we hire him and then the Yankees job opens up and he runs out of town. Then we are stuck with a retread or another manager like Miley or Narron.

We need someone that is willing to give pitchers like Salmon and McBeth a chance to work some innings.

IMO there are 4 players on the roster that needs to go: Cormier, Stanton, Conine and Hatteburg. They are all old and under performing. This team needs an infusion of new blood a taste of the future so to speak.

The season is over minus a record turnaround and this team I believe isnt capable of running of a 25-10 stretch which is close to what it would take to get back in this thing before the deadline.

Anyways I hope the rumor is true, the timing is perfect for a change in leadership. We have the Nats and Pirates for the next 8 games. I nice easy start for a new manager.

I could live with Girardi over Narron.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

Unfortunetly Narron's job is safe for now.
    Most Vottomatic Player

god i hope this rumor is correct
    Barry Larkin = Future Hall Of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    This team is under achieving. They are more talented that 17-27. I think that Narrons refusal to give the young guys in the pen a chance and relying on washed up pitchers like Stanton and Cormier have hurt this team considerably. I think the players like him but I doubt that they respect him.

I would love for Girardi to be the manager, not because of what he did in Florida, but the track record of good catchers becoming good managers. My fear is we hire him and then the Yankees job opens up and he runs out of town. Then we are stuck with a retread or another manager like Miley or Narron.

We need someone that is willing to give pitchers like Salmon and McBeth a chance to work some innings.

IMO there are 4 players on the roster that needs to go: Cormier, Stanton, Conine and Hatteburg. They are all old and under performing. This team needs an infusion of new blood a taste of the future so to speak.

The season is over minus a record turnaround and this team I believe isnt capable of running of a 25-10 stretch which is close to what it would take to get back in this thing before the deadline.

Anyways I hope the rumor is true, the timing is perfect for a change in leadership. We have the Nats and Pirates for the next 8 games. I nice easy start for a new manager.

I'm really beginning to wonder if that is true. I used to think they were for sure, now I'm on the fence. This week will tell the tale for me. If they can't beat Wash and Pitts. up, then they have no talent. No manager in the world should keep you from beating up on those two.

Agree about the geratol gang .... no use having them around. There are younger and cheaper options.

IMO there are 4 players on the roster that needs to go: Cormier, Stanton, Conine and Hatteburg.
    They are all old and under performing. This team needs an infusion of new blood a taste of the future so to speak.

Cormier hasn't been on the team for the past half month, you really follow the reds and should be making decisions ...and it is Hatteberg!!

got alil captain in u?

why in the heck do u wanna send out hatteberg he's hitting close to .300 and is consistent contact guy he and conine are providing a good platoon untill votto is here and ready stanton has pitched decent in his last 2 or 3 outting and cormier is long gone

Turn Off Ads?