Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Boys are Back in Town

  1. #1
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,190

    The Boys are Back in Town

    Am I wrong or is there not much excitement for the Kearns-Lopez/Cincy reunion tonight...(please don't get started about you know what)

    This thread revolves around a simple issue....

    Will Kearns or Lopez get revenge on the Reds and have a great series....

    I say no they won't, and they'll both have a rotten series. Go Reds!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Side (No Diggity)
    Posts
    1,054

    Re: The Boys are back in Town

    A fine question.

    I think Bronson is a smart enough pitcher to (1) know their strengths/weaknesses/swing-holes etc. and (2) execute a pre-determined plan.

    So I say we hold them in check tonight. Jury out on rest of series and bullpen.

    I'll be there and will be curious to hear the reaction fans give them. That always fascinates me. Do we like the players, or was Seinfled right: are we just rooting for uniforms?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: The Boys are Back in Town

    I don't wish any ill will on Kearns or Lopez, but I hope they Reds sweep the series. I would even take 3 out of 4. What am I saying? A split would be great. When is the last time the Reds won back to back games?
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  5. #4
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,190

    Re: The Boys are back in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    A fine question.

    I think Bronson is a smart enough pitcher to (1) know their strengths/weaknesses/swing-holes etc. and (2) execute a pre-determined plan.

    So I say we hold them in check tonight. Jury out on rest of series and bullpen.

    I'll be there and will be curious to hear the reaction fans give them. That always fascinates me. Do we like the players, or was Seinfled right: are we just rooting for uniforms?
    I just see Kearns as the type who'll just push too hard this series and flop. Lopez on the other hand I see playing to his averages and not do anything spectacular.

  6. #5
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,918

    Re: The Boys are Back in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Am I wrong or is there not much excitement for the Kearns-Lopez/Cincy reunion tonight...(please don't get started about you know what)

    This thread revolves around a simple issue....

    Will Kearns or Lopez get revenge on the Reds and have a great series....

    I say no they won't, and they'll both have a rotten series. Go Reds!
    I'm pretty excited to see them play in Cincinnati again.

    But I think it's the Reds that should get revenge on the Nats.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  7. #6
    Member durl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashvull
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: The Boys are Back in Town

    Should Lopez and Kearns want revenge on Cincinnati? They're playing professional ball and they weren't cut loose by a division-winning team.

    The way some people view them, Lopez and Kearns can make any team a winner so they shouldn't harbor any resentment.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25