Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds acquire Pedro Lopez off waivers from White Sox

Re: Reds acquire Pedro Lopez off waivers from White Sox

Can we call him PeLo? :ughmamoru
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

There's considerable info on the AZFL website about it but in a nutshell: a.) its essentially by invitation only; b.) each team is allowed only 6 players (plus 1 or two other taxi squad guys), c.) about 55-60% of the guys that play in the AZFL end up playing in the majors. Its considered by many to be the graduate school for minor league players. If you're chosen by your club to attend the AZFL its safe to say, with few exceptions, they consider you a real bona fide prospect.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by bigredbunter View Post
    Why does the article refer to the Arizona Fall league as Prestigious? What makes it so??
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

I personally hope that it means something for a certain Mr. Castro.

A .682 OPS in 2208 minor league ABs. But hey, at least he doesn't strike out much. Awesome.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Per Rotoworld...

At 23, Lopez still has youth on his side. However, it doesn't look like he's ever going to hit. He was at .242/.307/.323 in 161 at-bats for Triple-A Charlotte this season. He's a downgrade from Ray Olmedo as defensive-minded infield insurance.

got alil captain in u?

decent pickup kid has good glove which i like future defensive replacement gotta be better than manos de oro

He's 23 and in AAA. Just that tells me he has to be pretty decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Can he be stopped?

Wonder why the Sox cut ties with him? He's been in their orginization his whole professional career, so them letting him go says something...
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    Wonder why the Sox cut ties with him? He's been in their orginization his whole professional career, so them letting him go says something...
    Maybe they didn't think his bat would ever develop enough to hit in the big leagues?

Turn Off Ads?