Enjoy the new lineup...
Enjoy the new lineup...
Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-21-2007 at 04:37 PM.
I'm just glad Bruno is off the air here.
Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
Cincinnati Bengals - None
Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98
Any word on what happened with Skinner, Matt?
I'm sure he'll find something pretty quickly - changes like this are common in this business. Remember 1160? Lance, Tom, Richard...the whole crew was there and then they got bought out and changed formats...
That's when we got them, it worked out pretty well for a number of years.
Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-21-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Personally, I thought Richard Skinner was not that great, but you never like to see a guy fired. That said, I really liked Tim Lewis when he was here before. I'm looking forward to hearing him on the air again.
I would also like to see 1530 HOMER work out a way to bring Tom Gamble back on air. I'm also not a big Mo Egger fan, but I'm willing to give the Doyel/Egger combo a try.
Any thoughts on the lineup change for you sportstalk listeners?
Anyone any new info on Skinner? This blows. First losing 1/2 of the Angry Guys and now the entire thing is gone. I am hoping for a reunion of sorts on another frequency.
I also miss Gamble. Doyel annoys me. I actually turn of Lance when he calls in.
I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."
Did they fire him or just not extend his contract? There is a difference.
Fired.Richard Skinner, the remaining half of the “Two Angry Guys” morning radio team, was fired this morning by WCKY-AM (1530 HOMER) in an effort to boost ratings.
“We just decided it was time for a change, to do something different to get the ratings up,” says Dave Armbruster, HOMER program director.
Skinner had been working solo since November when Tom Gamble, his on-air partner for 10 years, moved to sister Clear Channel station WLW-AM to host “SportsTalk” after Andy Furman’s firing. Gamble turned down the “SportsTalk” job in February.
Tim “The Big Dog” Lewis, a former WBOB-AM sports talk who has been doing overnight WLW-AM news – will debut as HOMER morning host Tuesday. He’ll be on 5:30-9 a.m.
Gregg Doyel, a writer for CBS Sportsline frequently heard on Lance McAlister’s afternoon show, will host 9 a.m.-noon with Mo Egger, a HOMER producer and frequent fill-in host.
In winter quarter Arbitron ratings released last month, Skinner’s morning show was No. 17 for all listeners, with a 1.2 percent audience share. That was a drop from fall, when Skinner was No. 14 with a 2.2 percent audience share.
The move comes two days after Paul “The Fish” Sturgeon, another former WBOB-AM talk host, began a noon-3 p.m. Saturday show on WFTK-FM (SupertalkFM96.5), Furman’s new station.
For what it's worth.. I could put up with Skinner longer than I ever could listen to Gamble.
I really got tired of the 2 angry guys act. They really just gripe and moan about everything (hence the name, I understand), but, I just like informative, insightful, intelligent sportstalk. Glad I received XM for Christmas. Now it's Mark Patrick and Buck Martinez in the mornings for me. All baseball, and no griping all the time in the morning.
I disagree. Skinner was more buttoned down than Gamble, but he did his homework, and had an encyclopedic knowledge of sport trivia. I enjoyed his show, woke up to it every day. That being said, I enjoyed it even more when both were on the air last year.
Did we have to merge it with this title?
I prefer my original title......much nicer
Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-21-2007 at 04:38 PM.
As I recall, Lewis is a huge Jazz fan.
80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.
Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.