Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1530 HOMER changes

Re: 1530 HOMER Fires Richard Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    As I recall, Lewis is a huge Jazz fan.
    Yeah, IIRC, pretty sexist too... so much for listening to sports talk on HOMER in the mornings...:thumbdown
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Did we have to merge it with this title?

I prefer my original title......much nicer

I thought I did. I messed up.

On a related note, I wonder if the crew at HOMER is going to back off a little vis a vis calling for Narron's head. I bet Skinner thought Narron would be fired before he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Oh well...

Bummer. I wasn't a huge fan of Skinny but he was ok and I did listen to him most mornings. I'm very upset however that I won't get my daily dose of the "Hatteberg" sound bite from Narron that he played constantly. For whatever reason that always made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Bummer. I wasn't a huge fan of Skinny but he was ok and I did listen to him most mornings. I'm very upset however that I won't get my daily dose of the "Hatteberg" sound bite from Narron that he played constantly. For whatever reason that always made me laugh.
    Skinny must have known. He did about 5 minutes of "hattyberg" and "zambranno" and "baseball guy" clips this morning. At the time I thought he was just being angry, but in retrospect, maybe he was being spiteful too.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

On a related note, I wonder if the crew at HOMER is going to back off a little vis a vis calling for Narron's head. I bet Skinner thought Narron would be fired before he was.
    Good one...

I like Skinner. Lewis was nothing special when BOB was around.

Doyel is an absolute idiot and I'll be sure not to have the radio on when he's on.

Too bad for Skinny - not a bad guy it seemed, he and Gamble were snoozers to listen to the last couple of years though. Would stay on a single boring "controversial" topic of the week for 3 hours some mornings. I couldn't take another 3 hour borefest about the BCS vs playoff issue or some high school coach controversy for hours on end.

Nothing worse than Skinner having a "pick the ponies" segment every morning, good God who cares about horse racing in this town? 10 people? (realize it was promotional, but, I always turned the station when that came on)

Skinner should go to Lexington - he'd do well down there with his UK and racin' stuff.

I'm working during Doyel's show so I don't care, the only time I listen is for a bit driving to/from work, but lately it's been music more often than not this time of year.

Tim Lewis is fairly awful/mindless as well, and Lance is really the only show I bother to listen to any ways.

I find it hard to believe there aren't more talented, creative people out there with something to say, that are genuinely entertaining, than some of these guys. I can handle Lance and Daughterty. But the others, yikes, where do they find these people?

Re: 1530 HOMER changes

Just my thoughts on the locals (not that anyone asked me, but oh well)...

T.Gamble (Chief) - very entertaining. Love his cynical views of the general public. I really wish he would come back on a full time basis.

L.McAlister - One of the most informed hosts I have heard. He certainly puts an incredible amount of effort into what he does. He enjoys what he does and it shows. Love the blog. His show can get pretty bad at times when he gets giddy about certain topics, but overall, he's one of the best.

P.Daugherty - Has done a very nice job with SportsTalk. Interesting philosophy in that he is simply there to facilitate discussion versus being the entire entertainment himself.

R.Skinner - I wasn't a huge fan, but I didn't hate his show either. That said, I did hate the "Pick the Ponies" segments as well.

T.Lewis - I really enjoyed his show in his prior stint. I'm looking forward to his show.

M.Egger - Not really a fan. I can't really pinpoint it, but he bores me.

A.Furman - Ugh. My least favorite host ever.

A.Cutler - Ugh. My 2nd least favorite host ever.

M.Amazon - I wish he would come back to this market as well. I liked his show before Lance took the drive home time slot.

G.Waddell - I think he does a nice job when he fills in. I'd certainly rather hear him than Mo Egger or (God forbid) Alan Cutler.

RIP Angry Guys

Anyone else bummed about the loss of the Two Angry Guys?

I didn't always agree with them, but that is hardly the point of talk radio. I was entertained and enjoyed listening every morning on the drive in to work. Even though I had watched or attended the game the night before, I always enjoyed the Reds recap (complete with Benny Hill music) and the thoughts on where the club is headed etc.

I hope they re-team (since Richard by myself wasn't nearly as good as him teamed with Tom) and they land on their feet somewhere (96.5FM) where I can again smile on my way to work.

As it stands, I guess I'll tune into The Sound and rock my way in.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Re: RIP Angry Guys

I quit listening to them a while back, they were just too predictable. So I'm not up on what has happened.

Roster glue

I quit listening to these guys long ago...I liked Skinner better than Gamble (the self-professed "Braves fan" from Colerain), which is faint praise. Here is the link from cincinnati.com if anyone is interested:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...20330/-1/CINCI

Unfortunately, this moves lifetime Clear Channel company man Mo Egger into a more prominent role...he was the only person to do less research for a show on a regular basis in than Gamble. Hopefully the program changes make the morning listenable again...I acknowledge that there will probably never be Reds conversation on an analytical level higher than "Marty said," but I will remain hopeful.

I liked them. That's the nature of the business though.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    That's the nature of the business though.
    Then, pardon my french, business is merde.

Re: 1530 HOMER changes

Any word on the Tracy Jones firing?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Turn Off Ads?