Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Gamethreads allowed in the Sun Deck?

Re: Are Gamethreads allowed in the Sun Deck?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    after an exhaustive effort to reduce game threads from reaching over 500 posts a night all "lesser beings" were removed from the chance of posting. However tonight there was still well over 400 posts. Onto what actually did work from the new rules; we lost around 100 members. Good Job guys

cheers mate

And you're bound to lose more with some of the attitudes we're getting from people over the change.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

As Chris Rock would say, "There's NO SEX IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM."

errr, no gamethreads in the sun deck.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    They're not allowed, no. Please use the chat room for in-game discussion. Thanks.
    Game threads are not for "Little Brains" -- GIK uses 48% of his brain up in The Old Red Guard. BossHog uses 53% of his brain. I've got 9 days in Judgement City to determine if I get to go on or have to stay sitting in the Sun Deck. Tonight I am going over to the Past Lives Pavillion.

lol no game threads allowed? why not?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the chat feature on this board SUCKS... Just throwing that out there.

On a side note.... C. Trent Rosecrans blog comments went up nearly 100 posts tonight.... Wonder if the change at RZ had anything to do with that.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    lol no game threads allowed? why not?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the chat feature on this board SUCKS... Just throwing that out there.
    As a chat semi-regular, I'm currious. What is it about the chat feature that you do not find up to snuff?

Well, there's this one guy under the moniker "Ltlabner" who just makes the whole experience really unpleasant. Oh whoops!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    As a chat semi-regular, I'm currious. What is it about the chat feature that you do not find up to snuff?
    I was wondering the same thing. Aside from the poor text color choices of some, it's in many ways better than the game thread, IMO. The atmosphere is lighter and it flows better. But that's just me.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Well, there's this one guy under the moniker "Ltlabner" who just makes the whole experience really unpleasant. Oh whoops!!
    Yeah, I had to stop visiting chat because of that guy. He's so mouthy. :

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Yeah, I had to stop visiting chat because of that guy. He's so mouthy. :
    I agree totally! Frankly, I can't stand the guy either. And since we are airing our dirty laundry, his breath stinks.

Besides that, he's a stickler for correct spellings. Drives us all nuts with it.

It lags a little, some people get booted alot, the screen and colors are really odd, no one seems to ever chat about anything, and I've never seen more then 5 people in there

It lags a little, some people get booted alot, the screen and colors are really odd, no one seems to ever chat about anything, and I've never seen more then 5 people in there
    Maybe there's some room for improvement with the applet. I do know the background colors can be changed. I had to play around with it a bit to find something I liked.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

It is finiky with different browers and will cause regular boot outs. GAC has trouble with it often, I've only had one bad night (and that was when I was in a hotel, so who knows what sort of goofy hardware/software they have).

The fonts are changable, not sure about the screen color (background is blue). Yes, you definatley have to tinker with the fonts to get them to look right.

Depends on the game, the night and time as to how many people are in chat. Last night I ducked in durring the top of the 3rd and there was 1 other person. By the time I had to leave (right before Javy's homer) there were about 12-15 people. Boring game = less chatters and chat action (and we tend to drift off subject). Exciting game = more chatters and more chat action.

I've never found that "no one ever seems to chat about anything". Again, depends on the game. But usually there's lots of comments on the game at hand. Not sure what you are expecting (and maybe I'm biased since I enjoy the chat room).

What sort of chat activity are you looking for besides commentary on the game at hand, and general goofing around about various situations in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Depends on the game, the night and time as to how many people are in chat. Last night I ducked in durring the top of the 3rd and there was 1 other person. By the time I had to leave (right before Javy's homer) there were about 12-15 people. Boring game = less chatters and chat action (and we tend to drift off subject). Exciting game = more chatters and more chat action.

I've never found that "no one ever seems to chat about anything". Again, depends on the game. But usually there's lots of comments on the game at hand. Not sure what you are expecting (and maybe I'm biased since I enjoy the chat room).

What sort of chat activity are you looking for besides commentary on the game at hand, and general goofing around about various situations in the game?
    I could care less either way as I didn't really post in the game threads that much and I don't go to the chat but something you said really stuck with me. Isn't what you just described the reason that people had issues with the game threads? "Boring game = less chatters and chat action (and we tend to drift off subject), general goofing around about various situations in the game." So if all of the people that did these things in the game threads now come to the chat as it is their only option and get off topic and clutter the chat will it then be off limits to certain people.

Good point SS

Turn Off Ads?