Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

NBA Lottery on Tuesday

The ping pong ball festivities happen Tuesday at halftime. Memphis has the most ping pong balls, followed by Boston.

Here's an article on Oden I thought you OSU guys (and all hoops fans really) might enjoy:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...raftWatch-Oden
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

Praying for my Hawks to wind up in the top 3. There would be a 2 in 3 chance of getting a Buckeye (they desperately need a point guard and talk is they could take Conley at 3). And if they don't wind up in the top 3 the pick goes to Phoenix to complete the Joe Johnson deal. Just what the rest of the league needs, Phoenix to pick at #4.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Have they ever actually televised the ping pong balls being rattled around?

I'd much rather see that than a bunch of guys opening envelopes. That and I've just about convinced myself that the draft is rigged

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Praying for my Hawks to wind up in the top 3. There would be a 2 in 3 chance of getting a Buckeye (they desperately need a point guard and talk is they could take Conley at 3). And if they don't wind up in the top 3 the pick goes to Phoenix to complete the Joe Johnson deal. Just what the rest of the league needs, Phoenix to pick at #4.
    1. Memphis
    2. Boston
    3. Milwaukee
    4. Phoenix from Atlanta
    5. Seattle
    6. Portland
    7. Minnesota
    8. Charlotte
    9. Chicago from New York
    10. Sacramento
    11. Atlanta from Indiana
    12. Philadelphia

Thats the order before the first three picks get ping pong balled. So Atlanta has a good shot seeing as how they get the fourth most balls.

But Phoenix could sure use Corey Brewer.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    The ping pong ball festivities happen Tuesday at halftime. Memphis has the most ping pong balls, followed by Boston.

Here's an article on Oden I thought you OSU guys (and all hoops fans really) might enjoy:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...raftWatch-Oden
    This year they are going to have the lottery before the NBA game. It will be on ESPN tomorrow night at 8:30 ET.

How lame are the Hawks?

In the 2006 Draft, they took Shelden Williams with the #5 pick. Portland picked Brandon Roy (2006-2007 ROY) with the #6 pick.

A year earlier in the 2005 draft, they drafted Marvin Williams at #2. Utah followed with Deron Williams at #3, and New Orleans took Chris Paul (2005-2006 ROY) at #4.

The Joshes in 2004 (Childress @ #5 and Smith @ #17) made for a nice tandem. FWIW, Luol Deng went #6 to Chicago.

In 2003 they made a great pick with Boris Diaw. They just made a mistake in trading him away.

(Look back at that 2003 draft - Lebron #1, Carmelo Anthony #3, Chris Bosh #4, Dwyane Wade #5, Diaw @ #21, Barbossa @ #28, and Josh Howard @ 29. That's a whole lot of impact players in 1 draft.)

If there's a team that can flub the draft, it's the Hawks.

Forgot about the pick coming from the Al Harrington deal. That will at least give them something then, provided the Pacers don't win the lottery. The Hawks have no 2nd round pick either, so I was worried about having an empty draft night.

The Marvin Williams pick was absurd. When you have gaping holes at center and the point, and 11 other 6-8 guys on the roster, drafting a 6-8 guy doesn't do a lot of good. Understood the thinking on Shelden Williams in that they wanted someone to do some dirty work inside, but I don't think that was the right player to do it. He's got a pretty limited upside if you ask me, so I wasn't very happy with that pick either.

I will say Boris Diaw was a horrible player in Atlanta. That guy was as soft as they come. Last year was a fluke, he's already come back down this year from last year's numbers. I'd gladly take Joe Johnson over him.

Go Bulls! I hope they end up with a top 3 pick.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'm waiting to see what happens to the Celts. ESPN.com's Bill Simmons (aka The Sports Guy) is a huge Celts fan (actually Boston sports fan).

I'm more interested to see his reaction should the Celts land a top-two pick OR fallout of the top two.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Go Bulls! I hope they end up with a top 3 pick.
    Likewise so Isiah could get blasted even more

Please - I beg you all. No more mentions of Isiah.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

The Marvin Williams pick was absurd.
    The team hasn't had a decent pg since Mookie Blaylock, but they keep ignoring the problem.

I thought it would have made a lot of sense for them to pick up Jameer Nelson with their 2nd pick of round 1 in the 2004 draft. But they seem to have a thing for 6'7" - 6'8" athletic types.

For them to follow it up in 2005 by passing on both Deron Williams and Chris Paul was incomprehensible.

I will say Boris Diaw was a horrible player in Atlanta...I'd gladly take Joe Johnson over him.
    But what if the deal ends up being Boris Diaw + a top pick in 2007, which most folks knew was going to be tremendously deep? At that point, it's a pretty steep price to pay for Joe Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    But Phoenix could sure use Corey Brewer.
    I've heard Horford and Conley rumored to Phoenix.

Brewer does make sense though if Marion is on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

got alil captain in u?

conspiaracy theroies will abound if the celtics get the first pick in the draft ala ewing to the knicks in the 80's

Turn Off Ads?