Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 75

Thread: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

  1. #46
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    That would be a typical Hawks blunder. Hibbard is going to get eaten alive in the pros. I do think the Hawks will go center, but at 11 instead of 3. Maybe the big Chinese guy, who I don't know enough about to know if I should like that or not.
    Oops, just realized it's spelled Hibbert.

    Either way though, I wouldn't put it past Billy Knight to screw up his picks. He was hoping and praying to get one of the top 2 picks so he wouldn't have to do any real work.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member Stewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    436

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Well, I'm pretty stoked. I've been a Blazer fan since '70 and this is the best bit of news Portland has had in awhile. After reading their bios, I have to vote for choosing Durant #1. Sure, getting Oden would be great, but Durant is more driven to be "great". The NBA has evolved and the dominant center is less of a focus than ever, and besides, a very-mobile big man LaMarcus Aldridge is already in the Blazer's fold. Put the two former Longhorn teammates together with Brandon Roy and Portland's string of lottery visits will come to an end.
    I think if I were the Blazers, the fact that Aldridge is already on the team would give me more reason to choose Oden. If Aldridge develops the way many think he will, then having him at the 4 with Oden at the 5 would make the Blazers pretty much unstoppable for years to come, much like the Spurs run through the 90's with Duncan and Robinson (and yes, I realize it is way to early to compare Oden and Aldridge to two hall of famers). While the NBA has evolved, I still think having a dominant big man (especially an athletic one like Oden) trumps all. The way the NBA has evolved has made the big, lumbering, Greg Ostertag-esque center obsolete, but an athletic big man is still incredibly valuable. That said, if the Blazers do decide to go with Durant, I don't think you can really argue with their decision. He'd be a great fit, too. Either way, the future is looking good for the Blazers


    As a Sixers fan, I was hoping that somehow they could land in the top 3. However, knowing that was not likely, I just hoped that Boston would not land in the top 2. So seeing them end up with the 5th pick works for me. I would love to see the Sixers come up with a package of picks and players (preferrably Andre Miller) in order to move up and grab either Al Horford or Brandan Wright.

  4. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Hibbert?

    I always have weird feelings about foreign players that are supposed to be a top player. I love foreigners, but when they are supposed to be the next big superstar I tend to think they are all busts. So I'm not sure if I'd want any of my teams to pick Yi Jilian or whatever his name is. Then again, I was against picking Yao Ming too, and see where that got me.

  5. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Just read on realgm.com that Hibbert is staying in G-Town! Pretty crazy... he was a top 10 pick IMO

  6. #50
    Hot Stove Season HotCorner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    2,181

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Can't wait to see Simmons reaction! Although it wouldn't shock me for him to attempt to justify that landing the 5th pick is not a bad thing for the Celts.

  7. #51
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,773

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Well, I'm pretty stoked. I've been a Blazer fan since '70 and this is the best bit of news Portland has had in awhile. After reading their bios, I have to vote for choosing Durant #1. Sure, getting Oden would be great, but Durant is more driven to be "great". The NBA has evolved and the dominant center is less of a focus than ever, and besides, a very-mobile big man LaMarcus Aldridge is already in the Blazer's fold. Put the two former Longhorn teammates together with Brandon Roy and Portland's string of lottery visits will come to an end.
    Congrats!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  8. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    214

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Can't wait to see Simmons reaction! Although it wouldn't shock me for him to attempt to justify that landing the 5th pick is not a bad thing for the Celts.
    He will explain how it was all part of their master plan to get OJ Mayo in next years draft.
    Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

  9. #53
    Hot Stove Season HotCorner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    2,181

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    He will explain how it was all part of their master plan to get OJ Mayo in next years draft.
    If I remember correctly, he's stated in the past that he's not a big fan of OJ Mayo. Wonder if that will change?

  10. #54
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    I think if I were the Blazers, the fact that Aldridge is already on the team would give me more reason to choose Oden. If Aldridge develops the way many think he will, then having him at the 4 with Oden at the 5 would make the Blazers pretty much unstoppable for years to come, much like the Spurs run through the 90's with Duncan and Robinson (and yes, I realize it is way to early to compare Oden and Aldridge to two hall of famers). While the NBA has evolved, I still think having a dominant big man (especially an athletic one like Oden) trumps all. The way the NBA has evolved has made the big, lumbering, Greg Ostertag-esque center obsolete, but an athletic big man is still incredibly valuable. That said, if the Blazers do decide to go with Durant, I don't think you can really argue with their decision. He'd be a great fit, too. Either way, the future is looking good for the Blazers


    As a Sixers fan, I was hoping that somehow they could land in the top 3. However, knowing that was not likely, I just hoped that Boston would not land in the top 2. So seeing them end up with the 5th pick works for me. I would love to see the Sixers come up with a package of picks and players (preferrably Andre Miller) in order to move up and grab either Al Horford or Brandan Wright.
    Not to mention ROY Brandon Roy. If Portland does indeed take Oden, this team will be scary good in 2-3 years. All they would need would be a true point guard.

    My mock for right now would be this for the lottery.

    1.Portland-Greg Oden(C-OSU)
    2.Seattle-Kevin Durant(SF-Tex)
    3.Atlanta-Mike Conley(PG-OSU)
    4.Memphis-Brandan Wright(PF-UNC)
    5.Boston-Yi Jinlain(C-China)
    6.Milwaukee-Al Horford(PF-Fla)
    7.Minnesota-Corey Brewer(SF-Fla)
    8.Charlotte-Julian Wright(SF-Kan)
    9.Chicago-Spencer Hawes(C-Was)
    10.Sacramento-Joakim Noah(PF-Fla)
    11.Atlanta-Nick Young(SG-USC)
    12.Philadelphia-Jeff Green(SF-Georgetown)
    13.New Orleans-Al Thornton(SF-Fl St)
    14.LA Clippers-Acie Law(PG-Tex AM)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. #55
    All dyslexics must untie!
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    SW Portland, OR
    Posts
    8,604

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not to mention ROY Brandon Roy. If Portland does indeed take Oden, this team will be scary good in 2-3 years. All they would need would be a true point guard.
    And to think they could've drafted Chris Paul or Deron Williams, but traded down to select Martell Webster (because they already had Seb Telfair)

    But that was the old regime, the new GM (Kevin Pritchard) would've selected the BPA (Paul)

    Portland also has (count 'em) four 2nd round draft choices, so look for Pritchard to be active. One proposal: deal ex-GA Tech PG Jarrett Jack and the four 2nd round picks to ATL and select Conley Jr. #3?
    Last edited by gm; 05-23-2007 at 06:22 PM.
    Never overlook the obvious

  12. #56
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,297

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    All they would need would be a true point guard.
    And a hockey team to share their arena with.

  13. #57
    All dyslexics must untie!
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    SW Portland, OR
    Posts
    8,604

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And a hockey team to share their arena with.
    How 'bout those WinterHawks? And you've got the LumberJax to scratch your hockey "jones" during the summer

    BTW, are you going to Seattle on June 22-24?
    Never overlook the obvious

  14. #58
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,297

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    How 'bout those WinterHawks? And you've got the LumberJax to scratch your hockey "jones" during the summer

    BTW, are you going to Seattle on June 22-24?
    Saturday and Sunday for sure, on the fence for Friday

    Lacrosse ain't Hockey and neither is Juniors (I'm a pro sports snob)

    I'm consulting for Adec in your town BTW

  15. #59
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    And to think they could've drafted Chris Paul or Deron Williams, but traded down to select Martell Webster (because they already had Seb Telfair)

    But that was the old regime, the new GM (Kevin Pritchard) would've selected the BPA (Paul)

    Portland also has (count 'em) four 2nd round draft choices, so look for Pritchard to be active. One proposal: deal ex-GA Tech PG Jarrett Jack and the four 2nd round picks to ATL and select Conley Jr. #3?
    As bad as the Hawks are, I cannot see them going for that. Even though the Hawks have had better luck picking in the late first-second rounds. Josh Smith and Boris Diaw are prime examples, although Diaw didn't take off until he hit Phoenix.

    I think that this will be the best you will see out of Brandon Roy though. He reminds me of Emeka Okafor in the ready to play out of college mold, but doesn't take his game to the next level. I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  16. #60
    15 game winner Danny Serafini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sultanes de Monterrey
    Posts
    4,185

    Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

    2nd round picks don't have much value, and Jarrett Jack isn't Mike Conley. Can't see that deal flying.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25