Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Re: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'm working on the first part right now. As far as your second question, that was done for a variety of reasons, but the short answer is that we strongly felt that the existing game threads were a complete mess in their current state (due in part to both former ORG and RL posters).
    Are you really saying you took away game thread priveleges for all non-ORGs because some of us couldn't behave in an organized way in the game threads?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Yeah. I'm coming from the other side. Rightly or wrongly I retained org status. FWIW, this morning there were several interesting posts on the sundeck that I wanted to weigh in with my opinion. Can't do it.
    That's another piece of this I don't get. What did the ORGers do to lose SunDeck privileges??? When I compare this to other successful discussion forums, e.g. BengalZone, the classism and restriction of access seems unnecessary. Other forums use other approaches to policing behavior.

Just my opinion. (Is that still okay?)

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Yeah. I'm coming from the other side. Rightly or wrongly I retained org status. FWIW, this morning there were several interesting posts on the sundeck that I wanted to weigh in with my opinion. Can't do it. There was nothing in the ORG that I felt I could contribute to. (There is a really fine thread about Freel's baserunning. I just don't have anything to add to it)

I really don't like having part of the site cut off. The ability to interact with posters tells me a great deal about them. Without the ability to do that, I'm not sure how meaningful any vote will be.

That sounds...jerkier than I mean for it to. The quality of discourse here is great. I don't think there is anyplace reds focused on the net that has better discussion. I understand a moderator has to do what a moderator has to do.
    I agree 100%, How will any of us earn the vote of an org member if we can't conversate in the Sundeck. They can pop in and read our posts, but how many ORG members will even visit the sundeck when they can't post there. I can remember many times I have clicked on a thread and then realized it was ORG and couldn't post. It's frustrating when you have something to say but can't, and I eventually stopped reading anything in ORG. Maybe I'm wrong but If ORG members can't post in the Sundeck, I'd say I have a better chance getting voted in by MLB Veteran's Committee.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    That's another piece of this I don't get. What did the ORGers do to lose SunDeck privileges???

Just my opinion. (Is that still okay?)
    Totally agree.

ORG members have less than they did before. I do consider it a privilege to be able to talk baseball with everyone on the board... can't do that anymore.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    I agree 100%, How will any of us earn the vote of an org member if we can't conversate in the Sundeck. They can pop in and read our posts, but how many ORG members will even visit the sundeck when they can't post there.
    Before I vote, I do a search for the last 500 posts made by the poster and I look through a large sample of them. Comments from the voting thus far indicate that most of the ORGers are doing that, too.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Please feel free.
    Little brains are not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Totally agree.

ORG members have less than they did before. I do consider it a privilege to be able to talk baseball with everyone on the board... can't do that anymore.
    But now you don't have to even act as if we "little brains" exist. We don't in your new world.

Quote Originally Posted by peterose00 View Post
    But now you don't have to even act as if we "little brains" exist , have an opinion worth offering, that we can string sentances together or that we actually post meaningfull replies that simply put aren't good enough for you. We don't in your new sophisdecayed. world.
    Edited that for you so that it sums up my idea's as well.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I've also been "Encarnacioned" to the Sun Deck which greatly aggravates me. I don't recall ever breaking any rules and I had a pretty good reputation, from what I recall.

I even made a donation to the site this year and was planning to do so annually.

This just seems capricious and arbitrary. I have not yet decided if I will stick around.
    Been donating since I've been here Hopefully this is a trial period
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Boss and GIK could easily just made this a money maker, putting ads between each post, merchandise affiliations, donation requests every weekend.

But they dont. They run an honest to God forum meant to stimulate quality Reds discussion. Thats worth the time here. People behind it want it to be more than $$$.

But now you don't have to even act as if we "little brains" exist. We don't in your new world.
    Totally unfair to say that towards an ORG member, who had no part in the change.

It's probably unfair to say that to those who made the changes, but it's completely unfair to make those claims against ORG members, especially since several have expressed confusion as to why we cannot post in the SunDeck.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Totally unfair to say that towards an ORG member, who had no part in the change.

It's probably unfair to say that to those who made the changes, but it's completely unfair to make those claims against ORG members, especially since several have expressed confusion as to why we cannot post in the SunDeck.
    Thus proving it revolves around the mighty and not the "little brians"
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post

Has that been fully explained? I understand the new rules and even the ORG members having sole rights to post in a game thread, but I did like rubbing elbows with the ORG members. It does seem divisive to a point.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Has that been fully explained? I understand the new rules and even the ORG members having sole rights to post in a game thread, but I did like rubbing elbows with the ORG members. It does seem divisive to a point.
    GIK is taking a much deserved mini-break from the board tonight so I'm going to try my best to answer in his absence.

The reasons were multi-fold:

1) The admins wanted to make ORG the feature of Redszone. They want to make the two synonymous. ORG = Redszone and vice versa. It's also the reason why ORG has a game thread and the SD does not.

The whole point of the reputation system was to dangle a carrot in front of new posters. That carrot was ORG. Except it didn't work because everyone had posting access to RL. Many ORG posters posted new threads and used RL as their default forum as activity on ORG reduced further. ORG became less and less of a carrot. I think the changes restore ORG to its original intent.

We played around with a few other ideas, but it was only the complete separation of forums that allowed ORG to be the centerpiece of Redszone. Everything else was a variation of the status quo.

2) Quite a few ORG (not all) posters didn't place nice with new posters in RL. Discussions we've had many times were dealt with negatively when brought up by a new poster (ignorant of the history here). That was completely unfair to the new posters.

I think there were a few additional reasons, but those are the biggies.
    Last edited by paintmered; 05-22-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

You're preaching to the choir there... it doesn't apply to me. I have NEVER treated ANYONE like that. NEVER!

Please apply posts like this to those who've earned it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?