Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Re: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Thanks. And when I do a little more checking I see that George Foster who has exactly 4,921 posts and who averages 7.41 posts a day is not a member. 64th overall in total posts and on the outside. I assumed someone who had contributed that much was member of ORG. My bad GF.
    Quality posts are more important than quantity. Nobody should get in solely because of their ability to hit the reply button.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Quality posts are more important than quantity. Nobody should get in solely because of their ability to hit the reply button.
    +1 (meaning that I agree... and that I just added a post to my total).
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    And reds44 you really got screwed. And my posting did improve and so did others. I busted my ass to improve and get into ORG only to be told months later, after I did nothing wrong, that I was out again. Maybe nobody is intentionally trying to screw anybody but that's what happened. I'm not taking part in a damned essay contest and neither should anybody else. I'm through with this elitist crap.

Hang in there man,I know its hard but you can beat the odds again.Just don't give up!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    I find this new system to be a sham.

Folks who don't have access to ORG are supposed to continue to post on Sundeck while waiting to be voted into ORG by people who have no reason to be reading the post on Sundeck (they can't reply so why even go there)?

So how is anyone who folks don't know supposed to ever get voted into ORG? The whole system is contingent on ORG members paying attention to what is going on in a forum they can't post at. It is crazy.

I don't know about all that. But your post got me to think. And me thinking is a rarity, so pay attention.

Here's the scenario:

A new poster wanders into RedsZone. He/she is given SunDeck status and can't post in ORG. Why would he read ORG, since he can't post there? Why after hundreds/thousands of post solely in Sundeck and making friends in SunDeck would he want to be essentially ban from posting where his "buddies' are at in SunDeck and post with complete strangers in ORG? I think I would have little incentive to move "up" to ORG status when my friends are still "down" on SunDeck. That would be like I'm at my neighborhood bar and in order to enter the fancy club down the street, I would have to say bye to the friends I know to meet people i don't know.
    Last edited by RBA; 05-31-2007 at 12:27 AM.

chuck1234

I am new here. I was wondering why I couldn't post in Old Reds Guard, but now I read this and see that there has been some major conflict going on here. I am no Reds fan, but I hear this is the best place to talk Reds baseball. Looks like a good place. Its just a shame this conflict has risen.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck1234 View Post
    I am new here. I was wondering why I couldn't post in Old Reds Guard, but now I read this and see that there has been some major conflict going on here. I am no Reds fan, but I hear this is the best place to talk Reds baseball. Looks like a good place. Its just a shame this conflict has risen.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you.
    Welcome Chuck. Give it a few months to blow over and everything should be back to normal. There was a similar situation when the old system was put in place.

That would be like I'm at my neighborhood bar and in order to enter the fancy club down the street, I would have to say bye to the friends I know to meet people i don't know.
    Or if you are a married internationally known star but you take up with a stripper from Vegas

Turn Off Ads?