Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Promotion Schedule

Promotion Schedule

If I had my drothers, here is what would happen (assuming players continue to perform at their current levels, or reasonably close to them):

JUNE 1

Ed Encarnacion to Reds (if not immediately)
    Phil Dumatrait to Reds
    Calvin Medlock to Louisville
    Jay Bruce to Chatt
    Chris Valaika to Chatt
    Justin Turner to Chatt
    Sean Watson to Sarasota

ALLSTAR BREAK

Homer Bailey to Reds
    Calvin Medlock to Reds
    Drew Stubbs to Sarasota

AUGUST 1

Joey Votto to Reds
    Johnny Cueto to Chatt
    Juan Francisco to Chatt

I would delay Francisco's promotion because he's a year younger than Turner and Valaika, but more importantly to give Valaika time to play some 3B at Chattanooga, where most scouts seem to think his future is anyway. If the Reds are able to trade Hatte at any point before the deadline, I would bring up Votto immediately to begin his LH/RH platoon with Conine. Otherwise I would stick to this schedule. Also despite his poor outing this weekend, I think its time for Dumatrait to get his shot. What do you think?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Promotion Schedule

Most of these leagues play their seasons in two halves. Dayton and Sarasota are on track to win their division's first half title. I think the Reds may wait until these teams clinch before breaking up the team to move prospects up. That should come early to mid June.

I have some disagreements with the list. Medlock is now up to a 3.30 ERA and, while a RedsZone favorite, I'm not sure he belongs in Cincy this season. His peripheral numbers are good, but I think the Reds have six young relievers ahead of him -- Burton, McBeth, Bray, Salmon, Coutlangus, Coffey. Add in Majewski, Weathers and (if still around) Stanton and Santos and you have ten relievers ahead of Medlock -- for a seven man pen. Just don't see Medlock in the pen this year, although he should move to AAA in '07.

Also, Cueto is quite young and is having mixed success in the FSL this year. Plenty of time for him to move to AA next year. And I wonder if Stubbs is ready to handle High A pitching (although his Texas buddy Kainer is sure off to a great start there).

Otherwise, basically agree. In particular, once the Reds have an opening in the rotation (Lohse?) I would like to see Dumatrait get the shot. He may wind up in the pen, but he is the AAA guy who should get major league time. Bailey should not be rushed.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-22-2007 at 08:28 AM.

Re: Promotion Schedule

You might be right about Medlock. Call him up to AAA after next month and let him finish out the year there. Bailey will be up by the AS Break once Lohse is traded, but if he has a few more outings like his one today, he could be up sooner. I still wouldn't mind seeing Cueto get a call to AA towards the end of the season allowing them to wet his feet there.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?