Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would you trade Dunn and Griffey to the Yankees for Hughes/prospects?

GOREDSGO32

Would you trade Dunn and Griffey to the Yankees for Hughes/prospects?

I'm staring at the TV with the Reds on the recieving end of a 6-0 deficit after two innings versus Washington, all I can say is something need to be done. I make the topic on the Yankees because they're struggling too, and they have no qualms about taking on big bats and big salaries. And face it - every prospect they get is usually trade bait for some type of established veteran. If we could get Hughes, and a couple of negligable young class A prospects - I would do this trade in a heartbeat. Hughes isn't going to go in with the Yankees having so many established guys in the rotation, and they have a win now mentality. Giambi looks to be on the outs, they get Dunn to replace him, and an everyday OF'er and DH in Dunn - and the Reds get salary relief, and another young arm with Bailey to work with for the future.

It's wishful thinking, it's not at all likely to happen, but I think it would be something both sides could consider.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade Dunn and Griffey to the Yankees for Hughes/prospects?

I would do this in a heartbeat, but unfortunaly I dont think this would ever happen.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Why would the Yankees do that? They have too many big contract guys who dont produce as it is.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

throws 106. NBD.

Yeah, what are the Yankees going to do with 2 more Lefty outfielders? They already have 3 with big contracts.

If this were to happen, how do you suppose the Reds would ever score again? Where is the offense going to come from, and why would the Yankees want two more left handed OFs?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    If this were to happen, how do you suppose the Reds would ever score again? Where is the offense going to come from, and why would the Yankees want two more left handed OFs?
    Well in the coming years even if Dunn doesnt stay we will still hopefully have a lineup that consists of Hamilton, Bruce, Phillips, Encarnacion, Votto.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    Well in the coming years even if Dunn doesnt stay we will still hopefully have a lineup that consists of Hamilton, Bruce, Phillips, Encarnacion, Votto.
    You're assuming that Bruce and Votto can make the jump to the majors and that Hamilton and Phillips continue to play well. This won't necessarily be so, especially for Bruce and Votto. I hope Phillips keeps this up for the rest of his career, but I have a hard time imagining him slugging .500 for an entire season. I really don't know what to expect from Hamilton. He's looked good at times and not so well at others. He doesn't really have anyone to compare him to. Who knows if Encarnacion will even be in the organization anymore? I hope so, but with the way the front office treats him, I'm not so sure.

If Bruce doesnt make the jump to the majors well I will be really surprised. But this is about getting Hughes for Dunn/Griffey. Griffey is not going to be around that much longer anyways and Dunn could be gone as early as this summer. I would hope this team wouldnt need that many sluggers if you had a rotation that consisted of Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, Hughes. But then again it is GABP. But then again again this trade would never happen so I guess there is no reason to discuss this.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Yes, if they are pitching prospects close the MLB ready.

The Yankees NEED pitching. No way, no how do they trade Hughes for 2 bats.

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    If Bruce doesnt make the jump to the majors well I will be really surprised. But this is about getting Hughes for Dunn/Griffey. Griffey is not going to be around that much longer anyways and Dunn could be gone as early as this summer. I would hope this team wouldnt need that many sluggers if you had a rotation that consisted of Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, Hughes. But then again it is GABP. But then again again this trade would never happen so I guess there is no reason to discuss this.
    I agree on Bruce. I'd be very surprised if he didn't become an impact bat at the major league level. That said, it's not written in stone that he will. I also don't see why the pitching starved Yankees would give up Hughes for two expensive bats, one of which (Griffey) is old and injury prone.

Yes I would. Dunn has potential, but I think he's plateaued.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    The Yankees NEED pitching. No way, no how do they trade Hughes for 2 bats.
    I agree 100%. Also, the Reds starting rotation may be the biggest strength of the team. Without Dunn and Griffey you are looking at one of the most pathetic offenses in recent memory.

What about maybe trying to move Lohse for Clippard and something or one of the other dozen or so pitchers the yanks have been forced to use due to all the injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    What about maybe trying to move Lohse for Clippard and something or one of the other dozen or so pitchers the yanks have been forced to use due to all the injuries?
    After Clippards debut, I doubt that happens at all. Futher more, Cashman is trying to remove pay-roll, or so we hear. So I dont know if that trade makes sense for them or not.

If that trade was plausible, and I really think it right conditions it could be..I'd be all for asking for him.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?