Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Arroyo hurt?

Is Arroyo hurt?

Leaves game after 2 innings with something like 60 pitches. I know he gave up 6 runs, but Narron normally leaves his starter out their longer.

Maybe the abuse Narron has put on the arms of Arroyo and Harang is starting to show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Arroyo hurt?

Was wondering the same thing..

Roster glue

I hope it was preventive rather than reactive, but I'm not confident, especially after Bronson batted.

got alil captain in u?

he has to be but from what i hear he struggled badly

I sure hope he isn't hurt, and we may find that out after the game. Of course the team may choose to not fully disclose a minor injury, and Narron may claim something along the lines of "He just didn't have it tonight and coming off the high pitch count from the last outing, I decided to take him out after 2IP."

Of course its possibly he really just didn't have it tonight. It's just easy to wonder coming off something around 245-247 pitches over his last two outings.

Schnickelfritz

He just didn't have the ball control tonight. I don't know if it was flukey or he's (somehow) tired or what but he just looked Milton-esque tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLaird View Post
    He just didn't have the ball control tonight. I don't know if it was flukey or he's (somehow) tired or what but he just looked Milton-esque tonight.
    He did throw 129 pitches his last start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

From Josh on the Post blog:

"Arroyo said he had good stuff, but that he lost his head in the first inning and allowed it to snowball on him. Said he felt good physically. I don't know, though. Something felt a little weird in the clubhouse tonight. Special K asked Santos when he started warming up, and he said he had enough time to get ready. But the way he said it was just a tad strange."

Strange indeed.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    From Josh on the Post blog:

"Arroyo said he had good stuff, but that he lost his head in the first inning and allowed it to snowball on him. Said he felt good physically. I don't know, though. Something felt a little weird in the clubhouse tonight. Special K asked Santos when he started warming up, and he said he had enough time to get ready. But the way he said it was just a tad strange."

Strange indeed.
    Yeah, but you left out the part that came before that:

Narron said he took out Arroyo because he was worried about his pitch count. He threw 129 against LA a few days back, and after Arroyo got to 62 after two inning, it was clear he wasn't going deep in the ballgame. So, Narron pulled him. It was curious that Arroyo batted in the second inning, but Narron said he knew Santos was coming in before that and he elected to have Arroyo hit in that spot instead of Santos. I guess you could make the claim that Narron didn't want to burn a pinch-hitter that early, and who knows if Hamilton was really available. Kind of weird for Arroyo to bat in that spot, though.

I was there and really don't think Arroyo was hurt. He had a bad start and appeared mentaly rattled (which he confirmed). IMO we'll see him in his normal spot and back in stride later this week.

Well, now we can all sit around and lament the reds rotation and how they are costing us games...

Actually, what has generally pleased me is on days the guys don't have their best stuff, they seemingly have the ability to keep the team in the game by not just getting shelled (Lohse recently might not be the best example of that)...this week really is important to reestablish some quality innings pitched from our staters...

Let's go Saarloos...give me 6 innings, 101 pitches, 78 for strikes, 5 hits, 2 walks, 2 ER with the Reds leading 6-2 headed to the bottom of the inning...

(You can thank me later!!)

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    I was there and really don't think Arroyo was hurt. He had a bad start and appeared mentaly rattled (which he confirmed). IMO we'll see him in his normal spot and back in stride later this week.
    I agree. I'm a little surprised to hear him say he lost it mentally, because he seems fairly mature in that department. If he isn't injured I think he comes back strong against the Pirates on Saturday. Let him enjoy the recovery that comes off 62 pitches and build himself back up.

I think we've just become so accustomed to his habitual brilliance that a bad start makes us worry. This happens to every pitcher once in awhile.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post

Let's go Saarloos...give me 6 innings, 101 pitches, 78 for strikes, 5 hits, 2 walks, 2 ER with the Reds leading 6-2 headed to the bottom of the inning...

(You can thank me later!!)
    You wouldn't happen to be a subscriber to this( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115163/ ) newspaper, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by KYRed View Post
    "He just didn't have it tonight and coming off the high pitch count from the last outing, I decided to take him out after 2IP."

That sounds like something that Narron would say most definitely!

Luckily he isn't injured (at least from what we know, lets not hope about 3-4 weeks down the line he still isn't performing and he comes up with an injury that he says has been bothers him). Now something like that, if something like that is pulled, ala the Gary Majewski situation really does bother me and it bothered me BIG time even before Majewski's was ever even thought about in a baseball uniform in the Bigs.

Turn Off Ads?