Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Application for Old Red Guard Access Now Works

Re: Application for Old Red Guard Access Now Works

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I'm assuming that if you are voted in, you'll then be able to see the forum where the polling is conducted and thus be able to see how you fared.
    Nope. The threads are soft deleted upon the expiration of the poll.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Additionally, based on member feedback, we've modified it a bit so that if a member is voted on and does not get in, an admin or moderator will contact him or her shortly afterwards to provide a brief summary of the reason(s) and what the user can do to improve his or her chances in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Additionally, based on member feedback, we've modified it a bit so that if a member is voted on and does not get in, an admin or moderator will contact him or her shortly afterwards to provide a brief summary of the reason(s) and what the user can do to improve his or her chances in the future.
    That's a fantastic idea. It seems only fair that if you are being negatively judged by others, you should at least be able to know what you can do to improve your work.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    That's a fantastic idea. It seems only fair that if you are being negatively judged by others, you should at least be able to know what you can do to improve your work.
    I don't know that it's "fair" to expect the site administrators to do as much work as they already do, let alone even more, to get people info that is readily available if you look for it.

For example, I can read a couple threads in ORG and know exactly why I didn't make the cut. It's for serious, intelligent baseball discussion and I'm more of a clown. Anyone who wants in just needs to read and learn from the ORG and be more like them; it's pretty simple.

Only thing I'm worried about now is that all the bellyaching will convince them to just shut down the Sun Deck completely and enjoy their forum the way they like it in peace.

For example, I can read a couple threads in ORG and know exactly why I didn't make the cut. It's for serious, intelligent baseball discussion and I'm more of a clown. Anyone who wants in just needs to read and learn from the ORG and be more like them; it's pretty simple.
    It's not really accurate to say ORG is for serious discussion only and any water cooler talk is prohibited. If everyone thought and posted exactly alike, it would be a very boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It was posted somewhere that we won't know anything unless we are voted into the ORG. I do know that they are only voting on 5 at a time and I think those 5 are up for 72 hours. So since there are probably a lot of people who have applied it could be a while before some of us are even voted on. I mean if I was the let's say 20th person to apply it would be 9 days before I was even up for vote. And I'd have to guess that there are far more than 20 that have applied already. I have no actual info on this stuff, it's just the way I understand it and how I've tried to figure it out for myself. I could be way off.
    This is a good summary of the state of things at the moment.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It was posted somewhere that we won't know anything unless we are voted into the ORG. I do know that they are only voting on 5 at a time and I think those 5 are up for 72 hours. So since there are probably a lot of people who have applied it could be a while before some of us are even voted on. I mean if I was the let's say 20th person to apply it would be 9 days before I was even up for vote. And I'd have to guess that there are far more than 20 that have applied already. I have no actual info on this stuff, it's just the way I understand it and how I've tried to figure it out for myself. I could be way off.
    As Redsland said, that's a very good summation of where we're at as far as nominations and applications.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    It's not really accurate to say ORG is for serious discussion only and any water cooler talk is prohibited. If everyone thought and posted exactly alike, it would be a very boring forum.
    Okay. Sorry. Still, it's not like you guys are secretive about what you're looking for: thoughtful, interesting posts, absence of unpleasantness, sense of community. And now you've made it very clear which posters should be emulated and which shouldn't; I can't imagine anyone thinking personal feedback for each wannabe is reasonable to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Okay. Sorry. Still, it's not like you guys are secretive about what you're looking for: thoughtful, interesting posts, absence of unpleasantness, sense of community. And now you've made it very clear which posters should be emulated and which shouldn't; I can't imagine anyone thinking personal feedback for each wannabe is reasonable to expect.
    The reason is primarily because many who apply will think they meet the criteria, else they would not bother applying, so if they are declined it would be welcome to tell them what the reason was.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

My apologies if this is self-evident from some other part of the site I haven't been able to find, but how many members are now in the ORG? That is, how many posters were excised in the recent paradigm shift and how many still remain in the select group? Just curious...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

ORG currently has 240 members, according to GIK. Last week the number was closer to 450.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    ORG currently has 240 members, according to GIK. Last week the number was closer to 450.
    Thanks, Redsland.

So that means there are roughly 200 of us who got demoted in the turnover to the new system. The reason I was wondering is that I'm assuming a good number of those 200 were either nominated or applied for reinstatement quite quickly afterwards... which means it's going to be quite awhile before my case is even voted on.

*Le Sigh*

I guess I'll just go back to the Sun Deck. Gotta wear shades for that!

Thanks, Redsland.

So that means there are roughly 200 of us who got demoted in the turnover to the new system. The reason I was wondering is that I'm assuming a good number of those 200 were either nominated or applied for reinstatement quite quickly afterwards... which means it's going to be quite awhile before my case is even voted on.

*Le Sigh*

Hang in there, man. I'll be reading your posts in the SunDeck for the time being.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Thanks, Redsland.

*Le Sigh*

I kinda doubt 200 members were demoted from ORG. Could it be that many of that 200 are no longer active members?

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks
    Okay. Sorry. Still, it's not like you guys are secretive about what you're looking for: thoughtful, interesting posts, absence of unpleasantness, sense of community.
    That sums it up nicely.

Turn Off Ads?