Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Old Red Guard Privelages?

  1. #16
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: Old Red Guard Privelages?

    Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    This is a honest question to the mods!! I know they are the only ones that knows the answer.Why did alot of the posters that already earned their stay in the ORG forum by getting to 200 points not be allowed to post anymore?? Plus why does the other half get to stay and post up there when they done the same exact thing that we done!! They earned their points just like we did yet they get to stay and we don't.I mean why do the ones that had already won the respect from the ORG posters have to do it again?? Only its 10 times harder this time b/c EVERBODY votes on our future.

    The reason I ask this question is b/c I think its a question that we deserve answered.Thanks
    Because current status is not contingent on previous rep point accumulation. So it didn't really matter if you had 200 points or even 800 points. Everybody started in the same pool and was painstakingly sorted through by Boss and GIK to reach an initial list.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,599

    Re: Old Red Guard Privelages?

    Quote Originally Posted by peterose00 View Post
    You might be on to something here.

    I can see BossHog in his Grand Wizard outfit -- with his wand directing the sect to offer specific sabr-readings

    I can see the pagan worship late at night in an open field with an XM radio broadcast of Marty Brenneman knocking Adam Dunn in the background.

    I can see the burnt offerings being brought before GIK in his coat of many colors.

    I can see Chip R simply chanting what he has been ordered to say -- "Bill James is the kind of love that really gets me going."

    I can see Reds4life running around in his drab peasant outfit.

    This is starting to make good sense now.

    The Middle Ages had the Knights Templar. The 18th century had the Masons and the Illuminati. Our modern age has golf-playing businessmen and geeks who think they run REDSZONE. There are extremists of many stripes: Ku Klux Klansmen with a PR bent, Muslim rabble-rousers ... and others convinced that a New World Order meant the end of the world. REDSZONE's extremists seem rather normal at times. Some are very much aware of how their views marginalize them. The people of "Them" are people who are all too human -- even if they would deny others their humanity. As the saying goes, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone's not out to get you.

    A secret society is an organization that conceals its activities from outsiders. The term "secret society" is often used to describe a wide range of organizations: fraternal organizations that may have non-public ceremonies, REDSZONE and also mythical organizations described in conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theorists tend to be fearful, less educated, less tied in to the power structure.


    For a guy who has been here all of two months you sure do seem to enjoy denegrating the people who built this site.

    I understand the disappointment of many really good people since this move. I don't understand the childish sniveling of a seemingly pretty intelligent guy that you've been exhibiting.

    Just as you seem to be compelled to take up for your point of view with your "little brain" routine, I also feel compelled to take up for the guys who have worked their asses off for 7 years to provide this place you apparently hold in such disdain.

    Consider their intent. Do you really think they are enjoying this process? Do you really imagine they're sitting around toasting the misery of fellow Reds fans whom they've been lucky enough to torture?

    If so, I'd suggest that maybe you aren't even using the 10% of your brain that you claim in your little screed.

    I know for an absolute fact that they agonized over these changes. I know for an absolute fact that they are trying to provide a forum free of the problems which have plagued us for years. I know for an absolute fact that they could have sold this site and benefitted from their labor, or placed ads on it, but haven't. Why, because they truly have a vision to create the best place on the internet to discuss Reds baseball.

    The fact that they are taking all the abuse I've seen in the last few days shows me that they're much bigger men than I am. I don't think I would be able to sit here and listen to all this hate and vitriol leveled at me and continue to turn the other cheek and try their best to explain their reasoning.

    Maybe it's the fact that you've only been here two months that has set me off this morning when I see your repeated childish drivel. It really bothers me to hear the truly genuine anguish of many of my friends here who aren't yet included in the ORG. I understand it, and I really feel for each and every one of them, and hope they get in, if that is their wish.

    But your sense of entitlement reminds me a lot of a petulant child running up and down the aisles of Toys R Us, screaming and making a scene over your disappointment at not getting the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip.

    Grow up, dude.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  4. #18
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,928

    Re: Old Red Guard Privelages?

    If someone knocks on my front door, I'm usually glad to see him or her. If I know the person or at least am comfortable with him, I will invite him in, ask to sit down and be comfortable, offer him a drink, and look forward to a pleasant visit and conversation. If the person is a stranger, maybe I won't invite him in, but I will still be civil-maybe I'll suggest we sit down on the front porch (it does get the afternoon sun, so perhaps I should call it the "sun deck" ). However, it's my house-if I decide not to invite the visitor inside, so be it. I live in the "OW" ("Out Wayne")-if I ask the visitor to leave, he had better go-it's my house, my home, and I will defend it.
    RedsZone is the "house" of Boss and GIK. They built it, they maintain it, they own it. I've been here 7 years, but I'm still just their guest. I abide by their rules. If I decide I can't follow their guidelines, I had better leave, and if they ask me to go, I'm gone. That doesn't deny me my "humanity" and it doesn't make them members of the KKK.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  5. #19
    Reds fan for life!!!! WVPacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,963

    Re: Old Red Guard Privelages?

    Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Because current status is not contingent on previous rep point accumulation. So it didn't really matter if you had 200 points or even 800 points. Everybody started in the same pool and was painstakingly sorted through by Boss and GIK to reach an initial list.

    Oh ok so it was Boss and GIK that picked the posters who they thought was the best fit for ORG? Its just another challenge that I have to face and theres nothing more I like than when a person or people challenges me or tells me I can't do it,or you are'nt good enough.I've had many challenges threw my life and i've beat them all AND I will beat this challenge on here on this site.

    I have no ill feelings torwards Boss and GIK b/c this is their site and its their rules.If they think alot of us can't handle it in the ORG then thats their opinion and I can respect that BUT I hope they can handle getting proved wrong b/c thats exactly what im going to do.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

  6. #20
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: Old Red Guard Privelages?

    Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Oh ok so it was Boss and GIK that picked the posters who they thought was the best fit for ORG?
    That is correct.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  7. #21
    Reds fan for life!!!! WVPacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,963

    Re: Old Red Guard Privelages?

    Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    That is correct.

    Paint,keep that seat warm for me up there in the ORG forum b/c I will be up there before you know it.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Old Red Guard Privelages?

    Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    For a guy who has been here all of two months you sure do seem to enjoy denegrating the people who built this site.

    I understand the disappointment of many really good people since this move. I don't understand the childish sniveling of a seemingly pretty intelligent guy that you've been exhibiting.

    Just as you seem to be compelled to take up for your point of view with your "little brain" routine, I also feel compelled to take up for the guys who have worked their asses off for 7 years to provide this place you apparently hold in such disdain.

    Consider their intent. Do you really think they are enjoying this process? Do you really imagine they're sitting around toasting the misery of fellow Reds fans whom they've been lucky enough to torture?

    If so, I'd suggest that maybe you aren't even using the 10% of your brain that you claim in your little screed.

    I know for an absolute fact that they agonized over these changes. I know for an absolute fact that they are trying to provide a forum free of the problems which have plagued us for years. I know for an absolute fact that they could have sold this site and benefitted from their labor, or placed ads on it, but haven't. Why, because they truly have a vision to create the best place on the internet to discuss Reds baseball.

    The fact that they are taking all the abuse I've seen in the last few days shows me that they're much bigger men than I am. I don't think I would be able to sit here and listen to all this hate and vitriol leveled at me and continue to turn the other cheek and try their best to explain their reasoning.

    Maybe it's the fact that you've only been here two months that has set me off this morning when I see your repeated childish drivel. It really bothers me to hear the truly genuine anguish of many of my friends here who aren't yet included in the ORG. I understand it, and I really feel for each and every one of them, and hope they get in, if that is their wish.

    But your sense of entitlement reminds me a lot of a petulant child running up and down the aisles of Toys R Us, screaming and making a scene over your disappointment at not getting the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip.

    Grow up, dude.


    Rem


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25