Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Riverboat Deck is a Great Experience

The Riverboat Deck is a Great Experience

If you ever get a chance to watch a game from the Cincinnati Bell Riverboat Deck, DO IT. I did so tonight and had a great time. The view is breathtaking and the atmosphere is a blast. I think the Reds have hit a winner with the new addition to the park.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can he be stopped?

Re: The Riverboat Deck is a Great Experience

I was up there the game against the Pirates when Harang was pitching (the day it snowed - 5th game of the season). The view was simply amazing, but there were 60 different cross winds blowing up there. Thank God the bathrooms were heated, we ducked in there between innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    I was up there the game against the Pirates when Harang was pitching (the day it snowed - 5th game of the season). The view was simply amazing, but there were 60 different cross winds blowing up there. Thank God the bathrooms were heated, we ducked in there between innings.
    I was at that game sitting in the sun deck. Coldest I have EVER been at a sporting event.

As for the Riverboat Deck, I would really like to watch a game from up there. How do you go about getting a group together to get tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I was at that game sitting in the sun deck. Coldest I have EVER been at a sporting event.

As for the Riverboat Deck, I would really like to watch a game from up there. How do you go about getting a group together to get tickets?
    I, too, was at that bitterly cold game...in fact I was stupid enough to attend the entire series. The stupidity is further heightened by the fact that my season tickets are in 537.

As far as getting a group together, I think you pretty much just pick an open date (there are not many) and guarantee a certain number of ticket sales. We had to buy 25 whether that many people went or not.

It does look like fun. Maybe one day...

do you get free beer/food w/ ticket purchase?

I haven't been on the deck but it makes the stadium look a lot more appealing in my opinion. the old party room only stuck out like and eye sore. Now, if we can only get rid of those smoke stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    I haven't been on the deck but it makes the stadium look a lot more appealing in my opinion. the old party room only stuck out like and eye sore. Now, if we can only get rid of those smoke stacks.
    I agree with your first part but disagree about getting rid of the stacks. I have always thought they were a pretty cool addition to the stadium.

I just think the stacks stick out poorly and don't really blend into the stadium well. At the very least I wish they were in the right field corner.

Quote Originally Posted by butlerbulldogs View Post
    do you get free beer/food w/ ticket purchase?
    You get free food (buffet -- Montgomery Inn BBQ, Brats, Metts, Salad, Cookies, Etc.), 2 tickets each for alcoholic drinks & free soft drinks/water.

We sat there last homestand vs. Colorado when Arroyo pitched (perfect day -- 80 degrees and sunny). GREAT place to see a game! Nick Lachey was up there that day as well.

I know the minimum is 25 people, but does anyone know the maximum amount of people you can get in there? I am going to try and put something together for this season if I can. I am sure I can find at least 25 people to go, though I doubt many weekend games are still available.

I went to a game a couple weeks ago. Two groups were recognized on the scoreboard as sharing the Riverboat deck: a high school prom, and a bachelor party.

Now there's a smart combination! Just what we need, more 17 year olds right next to an open bar. I know they're supposed to be wristbanded and ID'd, but still...
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I know the minimum is 25 people, but does anyone know the maximum amount of people you can get in there? I am going to try and put something together for this season if I can. I am sure I can find at least 25 people to go, though I doubt many weekend games are still available.
    The maximum is 150.

Turn Off Ads?