Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 5/22/07 Minors Updates

Re: 5/22/07 Minors Updates

Watson's final line: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 8 K

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What's ridiculous is you continuing to down every Reds prospect. Anytime someone mentions a positive comment about a Reds prospect you return with some ridiculous comment about how he's too old, or it's just a fluke or whatnot. And each time you do that, someone returns with facts to prove you wrong and yet you make the same false comments over and over.

Where's that ignore button again?
    Don't let him get to you, you are making it too easy for him to get a rise.

I don't think he doubts Bruce anymore, if he ever did. It just seems he really, really, really likes Maybin.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yeah, except Bruce has him by 34 points in batting average, and about 170 points in slugging percentage.... but yeah, Maybin is fairly close other than those two things. Maybin is a slap hitter right now. He had a week stretch that he had power. He hasnt had a HR in over a month (April 17th was his last HR) and he is slugging .397 in May with a whopping .064 Isolated slugging.

Maybin does walk at a higher rate than Jay does.... but Jay is closing that gap on him in May. really though I am not worried about a walk rate when the guy is hitting .350 and slugging .640 in the minors toughest pitching league. Those numbers are so far beyond what any of his peers have been able to do in the league in the past 5 seasons its mind boggling. Joe Mauer, .335 average is the highest for a 20 year old since 2002 in the FSL at age 20. Matt Kemp, .559 SLG is the highest SLG for a guy at age 20 in the FSL and just 1 guy has OPS'd over .900 since 2002 in the FSL at 20 and it was Matt Kemp who posted a .918 OPS. Jay is over 1.040 right now.
    Great post Doug, but you're only wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What's ridiculous is you continuing to down every Reds prospect. Anytime someone mentions a positive comment about a Reds prospect you return with some ridiculous comment about how he's too old, or it's just a fluke or whatnot. And each time you do that, someone returns with facts to prove you wrong and yet you make the same false comments over and over.

Where's that ignore button again?
    Come on OBP. When do I "always" down the player?
    1.I question how good Homer Bailey can become and people start throwing fits. Yet, I have said over and over again Bailey has huge upside IF he can reach it.
    2.I question why people think Jay Bruce is the best minor league hitter and people ignore other players accomplishments.
    3.I questioned Fisher's age last year and lack of K's. Somebody tells me he is late to pitching and it makes complete sense(along with being a sinkerballer).

Yet, I love all those guys as prospects. Your getting rediculously silly with these comments. We agree to disagree.

The only player I like without reservation is Joey Votto. He has been through the wars, is seasoned and tested. He had the obviously O'brien influenced 05 dud and moved on. The guys can hit to all fields and has great plate discipline. He is the complete package. The other can't be quite verified in that realm yet. Maybe they will be before the season is over, maybe next year which isn't that far away.

Instead of attacking me on having differing opinion, just say you don't agree and we move on. Heck, Ebbs has complained about Stubbs enough to cause everybody to scream, but I don't see anybody wanting to "ignore" him for having a strong opinion against Stubbs.

Sarasota won 7-4

Lutz: 1 Inning, 0 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 2 Ks
    Roenicke: 1 Inning, 0 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 2 Ks (picked up 14th save)

Box Score: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...bcafa_sarafa_1

I'm surprised Bray didn't pitch tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Come on OBP. When do I "always" down the player?
    1.I question how good Homer Bailey can become and people start throwing fits. Yet, I have said over and over again Bailey has huge upside IF he can reach it.
    2.I question why people think Jay Bruce is the best minor league hitter and people ignore other players accomplishments.
    3.I questioned Fisher's age last year and lack of K's. Somebody tells me he is late to pitching and it makes complete sense(along with being a sinkerballer).

Yet, I love all those guys as prospects. Your getting rediculously silly with these comments. We agree to disagree.

The only player I like without reservation is Joey Votto. He has been through the wars, is seasoned and tested. He had the obviously O'brien influenced 05 dud and moved on. The guys can hit to all fields and has great plate discipline. He is the complete package. The other can't be quite verified in that realm yet. Maybe they will be before the season is over, maybe next year which isn't that far away.

Instead of attacking me on having differing opinion, just say you don't agree and we move on. Heck, Ebbs has complained about Stubbs enough to cause everybody to scream, but I don't see anybody wanting to "ignore" him for having a strong opinion against Stubbs.

I agree it is good to point out the other side because if not everyone of these prospects would be in the majors right now. I think what your saying is if these guys can do what theyre doing at AAA then its OK to go GAH GA over them. On the other hand, I like to read the updates on each guy and I appreciate Doug and OBM's analysis. In other words your posts do keep me grounded somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I agree it is good to point out the other side because if not everyone of these prospects would be in the majors right now. I think what your saying is if these guys can do what theyre doing at AAA then its OK to go GAH GA over them. On the other hand, I like to read the updates on each guy and I appreciate Doug and OBM's analysis. In other words your posts do keep me grounded somewhat.
    You sure its not that picture of Vitale you use that keeps you grounded? I really have no idea what I meant by that, but everytime I see that picture I just laugh.

That picture probably keeps a lot of folks around here grounded a little, everyone should smile a little, this is the greatest country on this planet you know.

Turn Off Ads?