Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homer Update

Homer Update

Season-high 6 Ks in just the 5th inning so far today. 0 ERs.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Update

How about Walks?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

1 walk and 1 hit so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    1 walk and 1 hit so far.
    Now lets see him do that for a month and 2 starts and give him the call up...

I guess we have a spot open now with Milty on the DL; I can't wait for him to return.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I attended the game at Cooper Stadium. Homer was pretty dominant. In those 5 2/3 innings, only 2 balls left the infield (and those were routine fly outs). I cannot recall a single ball being hit hard during his whole outing. The one hit was a bunt single. As far as his velocity goes, they had a MPH reading on the score board. His fastball was anywhere between 89-95. His first pitch of the 6th inning was 95, which is encouraging.

He went 5 2/3 innings today. He gave up 1 hit, 2 walks, and struck out 7. He allowed 1 unearned run.

Homer looked good today, but still needs to stay in AAA and dominate. He'll be here soon enough.
    ...And this one belongs to the Reds!!

Put up a couple more of these outings and there's going to be a TON of pressure on Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Now lets see him do that for a month and 2 starts and give him the call up...

I guess we have a spot open now with Milty on the DL; I can't wait for him to return.
    I say 2 to 3 starts like that, low walks and how do u keep him down? id prefer to never see milton in a reds uniform ever again

Barring a major setback, Homer will be up by the All Star Break. I wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Lohse, who likely could be traded by then.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken View Post
    Put up a couple more of these outings and there's going to be a TON of pressure on Wayne.
    Homer isn't going to save this season. Don't risk trashing the multi-million dollar arm over a lost cause. But I agree with you. The masses will want to see him in Cincinnati. I don't really have a problem with him here so long as he's on a strict pitch count and he has nothing left to prove at AAA.

He still needs to be allowed to develop, whether it is in Cincinnati or Louisville.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Homer isn't going to save this season. Don't risk trashing the multi-million dollar arm over a lost cause. But I agree with you. The masses will want to see him in Cincinnati. I don't really have a problem with him here so long as he's on a strict pitch count and he has nothing left to prove at AAA.

He still needs to be allowed to develop, whether it is in Cincinnati or Louisville.
    I agree he wont save the season but he could make it more tolerable... Keep pitch counts on him but why not develop in the show rather than AAA? that way he is ready when we could contend next year... not newly thrown into the fire... Plus if we have 3 solid starters at the top of the rotation going into FA, Bob might be more willing to throw money at a closer right handed middle of the order bat, set up man or whatever else we deem necessary...

Bailey would probably be mediocre in the majors right now. He is still finding his control. Why even bother wasting his service time if he can't help the Reds into a playoff chase?

His fastball was anywhere between 89-95.
    I've been a little rougher on Homer than most so far this season, so don't think I'm knocking him here, but wasn't he throwing harder last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I've been a little rougher on Homer than most so far this season, so don't think I'm knocking him here, but wasn't he throwing harder last year?
    If he was really throwing 89-95, then yes. But I wouldn't trust those scoreboard readings. The gun at Dayton is worse than me guessing the speeds of pitches. Same with a lot of readings on tv.

Hopefully, but doubtful, that he is working in a two-seamer in there.

Turn Off Ads?