Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the new ORG guidelines?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like them better!

40 33.33%
  • I liked the posts/rep criteria better.

48 40.00%
  • I'm indifferent, can we talk about firing Narron some more?

32 26.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions on RZ changes

Re: Opinions on RZ changes

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I dislike not being able to talk to the newbies. I feel like General Pinochet.
    I agree but not just about talking to newbies. There are plenty of posters that post interesting things in Sun Deck and I can't reply to them. The result is I don't bother to read Sun Deck.

The whole thing seems counter-productive to me. (shrug) I do, however, get more work done. LOL

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Not just newbies, plenty of us that have been around for awhile that will miss getting into with the most negative Reds fan ever.
    Then again, FCB is a 'newbie' to some of us.

Rem

I agree, I miss being able to reply to post in what is now the Sundeck. I now seldom read Sundeck, because I want to reply, but I can't.

I find it interesting there is a move to give "non" Reds fans a "boost" or "bypass" so they can correspond with "ORG" members about their team they follow which is not the Reds. It's disappointing how other team fans will have more privileges than some Reds fans here.

But, it's not my board and Boss/GIK can do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I agree, I miss being able to reply to post in what is now the Sundeck. I now seldom read Sundeck, because I want to reply, but I can't.

I find it interesting there is a move to give "non" Reds fans a "boost" or "bypass" so they can correspond with "ORG" members about their team they follow which is not the Reds. It's disappointing how other team fans will have more privileges than some Reds fans here.
    I second that emotion. (Who sang that song, anyway. Now it's stuck in my head.)

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I second that emotion. (Who sang that song, anyway. Now it's stuck in my head.)

Rem
    Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Could not have said that any better.

Honestly, I don't like them. . . and didn't really like the old system either. It's basically a popularity contest and I feel like I'm back in high school to get on the ORG. If someone doesn't agree with you, then you get neg. repped. It was amazing what I was neg. repped for.

The only reason I like this board is because it's a very active Reds board and it's nice to argue with people you disagree with. Unfortunately, you seemed to be looked "down" upon when your view was necessarily the norm.

The real reason I came here in the first place was because the reds.com message board was so horrible..I seriously felt dumber by the day reading anything posted there. So I come here to join the Rep system. of which I posted fairly infrequently and never once got any feedback. Didn't really like that system, but whatever...no biggie. I didn't really care to be in the "big kids club"...was able to talk with them about the same stuff in the Sun Deck...and Game threads were nice to have to discuss things during the game.

Then all the sudden, Those two things are taken away? I think thats pretty lame. Count my meaningless vote for letting everyone have Game thread priveledges. Either open it up to everyone...or I guess just have one for the big kids...and one for the lesser posters who aren't quite as inciteful.
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

I was glad the reputation system was done away with; it was not handled very well and there some major inequities in the rep system. I personally never cared to post on game threads, so I won't miss it much. I do wish we could post to the ORG members. I don't mind if we cannot post on ORG yet, but I wish they could post on The Sun Deck so we could have a good discussion of Reds issues.

Turn Off Ads?