Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    Washington's current stadium?
    How much better off would Lopez and Kearns be if they had not been traded? Watching Kearns hit his homer last night got me to thinking about the differences in the two parks.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,909

    Re: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    Cincy has a smaller stadium so its easier to hit a homer.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  4. #3
    Talkin' Baseball
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The 'Nati
    Posts
    278

    Re: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    I think the comment on the broadcast was "He doens't get'em like that in Washington." GABP is one of the easiest HR parks in MLB. Washington plays in the cavernous old RFK but will be getting a new stadium soon (next year I think).

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    Does anyone know what the dimensions of the new park will be?
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  6. #5
    Talkin' Baseball
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The 'Nati
    Posts
    278

    Re: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    Dimensions: 332ft-L, 409ft-C, 335ft-R

    http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/f...onBallpark.htm

  7. #6
    Member Jharb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest KY
    Posts
    242

    Re: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    The nice part is Javy's homer would be out of either stadium!

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    It's easier to hit a homer, but those guys should have a higher BA than a combined .245 - .250 or so.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    We have pitchers now?!
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: How much of a difference is there between playing at GABP and playing in...

    Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    It's easier to hit a homer, but those guys should have a higher BA than a combined .245 - .250 or so.
    DT's right. RFK supresses homeruns but allows more doubles, it's a pitching park but also a contact hitters park.

    GABP supresses doubles but allows more homeruns, its a horrible cross between a nuetral park and a hitters park.

    Neither of the above statements should affect batting average though. Thats a entirely different story.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25