Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Votto Hitting Over .400 For May

Re: Votto Hitting Over .400 For May

Trading Joey Votto would be very foolish IMO. The Reds need young talent, so why trade a 23 year old 1B who looks like he could be a star within two years. Hatteberg and Conine aren't young you know. Griffey will be gone possibly this year, next year at the latest. Same could possibly be said for Dunn. Votto, along with Hamilton, Bruce, and EdE, are the players you want to build around. Dunn could possibly go into this category.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Moeller is the back up catcher now, Javy is the PH, I'd send him down first if Hat were staying.

I said trade Hat first because he's the left handed 1st baseman, if Votto came up he'd be out of that job.

Agreed, Javy is getting shined up as a PH extraordinaire. Javy will go, Hattie will be the lefty PH for his leadership, unless someone overpays. all we are doing is waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    Agreed, Javy is getting shined up as a PH extraordinaire. Javy will go, Hattie will be the lefty PH for his leadership, unless someone overpays. all we are doing is waiting.
    I think Hatte would be more valuable as trade bait than as a pinch hitter. I think he coud get something, or anything that could help down the road. We don't need a good LH PH'er right now, we need something that will help us win next year, or after that.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    I think Hatte would be more valuable as trade bait than as a pinch hitter. I think he coud get something, or anything that could help down the road. We don't need a good LH PH'er right now, we need something that will help us win next year, or after that.
    Hattie or JV may be a wash as far as return right now, I just can't see a team giving up any real talent, even low level, for Hattie or his type. He has no power, is just average defensively, and is old. The only thing that makes him valuable to the Reds is what I have read, that he is a great clubhouse leader.

JV has power, is building a reputation for coming up in the clutch from the left side and late, and can play outfield, first and catcher. I can see this being pitched well to a contender.

Hattie or JV may be a wash as far as return right now
    I don't think that either guy is likely to fetch anything more than a single-A arm. I'd put all three of the Reds catchers on the market and trade whichever one got me the arm I liked best.

Then a single A arm it is. Hatt is a FA, somebody will move for him that wants a professional lefty bat off the bench.

We are always surprised by the fluff(which is what is mostly moved in the stretch period) that gets moved.

JV has power, is building a reputation for coming up in the clutch from the left side and late, and can play outfield, first and catcher. I can see this being pitched well to a contender.
    I respond with a geico caveman, "What?"

For everything that you just knocked Hatte for, then you give these creds to JV? JV can't even catch. Play the OF?? Come on.

If the Reds traded Votto thn I would not follow the Reds at all untill Krivsky was gone. That would be ridiculously foolish.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Fay's blog:

I asked Jerry Narron if we might see Joey Votto up here in a bench role.

"When you bring a young guy up you hope the circumstances aren't where he's going to sit on the bench," Narron said. "He benefits a lot more from playing everyday in the Triple-A."

Votto went into Saturday on 17-game hitting streak. He's hitting .479 during the streak and .619 over his last five games.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Fay's blog:

I asked Jerry Narron if we might see Joey Votto up here in a bench role.

"When you bring a young guy up you hope the circumstances aren't where he's going to sit on the bench," Narron said. "He benefits a lot more from playing everyday in the Triple-A."

Votto went into Saturday on 17-game hitting streak. He's hitting .479 during the streak and .619 over his last five games.
    What kind of question is that? Ask him if we might see Votto up here, dont ask him about a bench player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Will someone tell me why Joey Votto bats 5th in the Louisville lineup behind a bunch of AAAA players like Keppinger, Wise, and Bellhorn. Is the Louisville manager somehow related to Jerry Narron?!?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Will someone tell me why Joey Votto bats 5th in the Louisville lineup behind a bunch of AAAA players like Keppinger, Wise, and Bellhorn. Is the Louisville manager somehow related to Jerry Narron?!?
    TO be perfectly honest, he has been fairly incredible in the 2 and 5 spot, while he was pretty bad in the 3 spot. Sure a lot of those 3 spot at bats came from April, but if he is destroying the baseball right now now where he is hitting, I get why they are leaving him where he is in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Organizational philosophy?
    Go Gators!

Votto went 0 for 3 today and ended his hit streak.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Trade Conine and Valentin, move Hatte to the PH role, bring Votto up and put him at 1B... Stat.
    sorry we're boring

Turn Off Ads?