Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lohse Ailing

Lohse Ailing

Yikes!

Per John Fay's blog...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
    Lohse ailing

I'm not at the ballpark yet. But I heard this last night and forgot to put it in the notes: Kyle Lohse has the flu that's been going around. Lohse was sleeping on the clubhouse floor during BP.

I didn't check after the game, but my guess is they sent him home. He's scheduled to start tonight. The bullpen really can't afford another short start. They've pitched 10 2/3 innings the last two night.s

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Talkin' Baseball

Re: Lohse Ailing

I guess they could use some combo of Belisle and Santos to try to get though the first 6, but I don't know what that does to tomorrow. Maybe Lohse can tough it out like Saarloos.

EDIT: Per Fay he still plans to start tonight. It was last night he was sleeping during BP.
    Last edited by JLB5; 05-23-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Still, that doesn't bode well for tonight's start. Either way, he's gotta be weak from being sick...it just happens. That would wreck the bully. Although, Arroyo also mentioned he could go on short notice since he didn't throw more than the equivalent of a side session the other night.

What really stinks is that on a night the Reds should be clobbering the opposing pitcher (who's Simontacchi?), they're quite likely to be done in by their own guy instead. I sense an 8-6 or 10-8 type of game.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

I've about had enough of Kyle Lohse, sick or perfectly healthy. The guy has not been able to retire anybody in the month of May. This isn't like Bronson Arroyo's winless streak last year, Lohse gets rocked every single start. Wayne needs to consider a DL trip, throw him in the bullpen, or simply DFA if nobody wants him. Bring up Dumatrait, let's see what they have for the future but I can't stand watching him pitch anymore...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

got alil captain in u?

give me homer over lohse anyday the way lohse is pitching right now

How about Homer & Dumatrait over Lohse & Saarloos?

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by Redskinalum02 View Post
    How about Homer & Dumatrait over Lohse & Saarloos?
    i have no problem with saarloos if he goes out and does what he does the other night almost every start he could be a very good starter for us

I think Sarloos can help the Reds too. If he is kept a starter, I think he'll be all right.

My comment wasn't as much an indictment of Saarloos as it was making the point of going younger. I don't mind Saarloos in either role.

Turn Off Ads?