Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    536

    5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Louisville up 4-1 in the 5th.
    Herr and Votto (#7) with HR's each
    Livingston 5IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 5 K's
    Last edited by HBP; 05-24-2007 at 08:36 PM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    290

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Do you guys think that Livingston might have a future in the pen at the Major league level?

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,673

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Cueto getting hit again. Either Johnny has been figured out or he isn't fully healthy, but he isn't flashing the same stuff he did last year.

  5. #4
    Member Luvsbaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    106

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    I was listening to the game and they have now suspended the game till tomorrow and will pick up in the bottom of the 4th and will finished that game and then 30 minutes later play the other game. They were having light trouble and then one set of lights wouldn't come back on. As soon as they called the game the lights started coming back on. The announcers said maybe they will finished the game now, but no one had made that call yet.

    Also, I did hear that Cueto was hitting 94 mph, so velocity seems to be good.
    "Life is like a baseballgame. When you think a fastball is coming, you gotta be ready to hit the Change UP"

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,673

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvsbaseball View Post
    I was listening to the game and they have now suspended the game till tomorrow and will pick up in the bottom of the 4th and will finished that game and then 30 minutes later play the other game. They were having light trouble and then one set of lights wouldn't come back on. As soon as they called the game the lights started coming back on. The announcers said maybe they will finished the game now, but no one had made that call yet.

    Also, I did hear that Cueto was hitting 94 mph, so velocity seems to be good.
    That is good to hear. Maybe his slider is to flat, maybe he needs to be converted(like we didn't see that coming). I was hoping it would wait for another year. Oh well

  7. #6
    Member Luvsbaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    106

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    After a long discussion, they will not finish the game tonight since they already called the game. Sarasota losing 4-1 going in the bottom of the 4th.
    "Life is like a baseballgame. When you think a fastball is coming, you gotta be ready to hit the Change UP"

  8. #7
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,692

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyredfan40 View Post
    Do you guys think that Livingston might have a future in the pen at the Major league level?
    Not really. The pen should be for hard throwers mostly. Livingston doesn't qualify. He could probably hold down a #5 rotation spot on the basis of being able to go multiple innings, being cheap and having a relatively low bar to hurdle since most #5's aren't that good. He's preferred over signing guys like Milton and Lohse. If your going to get #5 caliber it may as well be cheap. I just don't see him being much more.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    290

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not really. The pen should be for hard throwers mostly. Livingston doesn't qualify. He could probably hold down a #5 rotation spot on the basis of being able to go multiple innings, being cheap and having a relatively low bar to hurdle since most #5's aren't that good. He's preferred over signing guys like Milton and Lohse. If your going to get #5 caliber it may as well be cheap. I just don't see him being much more.

    Yeah I know that, but he could be a long reliever type, and he also has good control, and about 3 pitches...I would really like to see him be the 5th starter I am just merely thinking ahead if guys like Bailey and another guys beats him out for the spots in the rotation...

  10. #9
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Votto is 3-for-4 with a homerun and two singles.

  11. #10
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Joey Votto is now hitting .310 with a .922 OPS btw. He's hit an incredible .425 with a 1.150 OPS and five homers in May.

  12. #11
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,692

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyredfan40 View Post
    Yeah I know that, but he could be a long reliever type, and he also has good control, and about 3 pitches...I would really like to see him be the 5th starter I am just merely thinking ahead if guys like Bailey and another guys beats him out for the spots in the rotation...
    Its possible. If he's not good enough to crack the top 5, I'd prefer he's left stretched out in AAA in case he's needed for injury. No need to clog the pen spots with the likes of him. Need to keep those spots available for the hard throwers IMO. That's been my main problem with Cormier, Saarloos, Stanton, etc.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Monfort Heights
    Posts
    620

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Joey Votto is now hitting .310 with a .922 OPS btw. He's hit an incredible .425 with a 1.150 OPS and five homers in May.
    Would have been nice seeing him face Cordero tonight instead of Conine.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    290

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Its possible. If he's not good enough to crack the top 5, I'd prefer he's left stretched out in AAA in case he's needed for injury. No need to clog the pen spots with the likes of him. Need to keep those spots available for the hard throwers IMO. That's been my main problem with Cormier, Saarloos, Stanton, etc.
    You still have to have a long man...

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    150

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Joey Votto is now hitting .310 with a .922 OPS btw. He's hit an incredible .425 with a 1.150 OPS and five homers in May.
    Bring up Votto! He is ready! Dump Sceff Coberg! They cannot help us in 09 and Votto can. I don't care if losing them costs us 3 more games. We're not going anywhere this year. Votto is a piece of the puzzle for the future.

  16. #15
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,692

    Re: 5/24/07 Minors Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyredfan40 View Post
    You still have to have a long man...
    ... who throws hard. Burton could do it. Even Santos is a better choice though I'd prefer some one younger. Tyler Pelland? Yes ahead of Livingston. Phil Dumatrait? Yes ahead of Livingston. It goes on and on....

    Livingston is Chris Michalek minus 10 years.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25