Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick observation

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Quick observation

I have found myself guilty of not reading the SD as much either. I still go in there every day because there are some quality posters there who have some good things to say, but I'm also one of those who doesn't spend as much time in there as I did in RL due to not being able to reply. Anyway, I will still make a point of getting in there on a daily basis just to see if any of the folks there catch my eye enough for me to lobby for ORG inclusion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I left cincinnati.com to get away from the kind of forum that the Sun Deck now is. I don't want to sound like a complainer, but it's just not much fun to have to wade through all of the crap to find the small handful of good posters still left. Just extremely disappointing, that's all. Sorry for the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I have found myself guilty of not reading the SD as much either. I still go in there every day because there are some quality posters there who have some good things to say, but I'm also one of those who doesn't spend as much time in there as I did in RL due to not being able to reply. Anyway, I will still make a point of getting in there on a daily basis just to see if any of the folks there catch my eye enough for me to lobby for ORG inclusion.
    Same here. I visit 2-3 times per day to see what's being said and by whom.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I've noticed now that I'm posting less, but reading about the same amount.

I think it's because I'm more of a reactive poster than a creative poster. I don't usually start threads myself, but like to throw in my 2 cents when a new thread pops up. And since there have been fewer people posting new material, I've been less active in turn.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I left cincinnati.com to get away from the kind of forum that the Sun Deck now is. I don't want to sound like a complainer, but it's just not much fun to have to wade through all of the crap to find the small handful of good posters still left. Just extremely disappointing, that's all. Sorry for the rant.

Man,I thought I was making good quality posts to.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Jimbo,I agree with what your saying about the board.Posters like me and you its harder for us to start a really good conversation in some of the threads.Theres not many that posts there anyways and you and I have to do it the hard way to show the ORG posters that we really are good quality posters that write good quality post's.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I still find lots of good discussion on SD, trouble is, I keep trying to hit that darn "Quick Reply" button! I think there's still a bunch of quality posters there and new one coming on all the time.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I'm guilty of not reading SD much, but i don't read ORG too much either. Most of my Redszone time anymore is reading about Redszone in these threds.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Simply put, the biggest thing missing from the Sun Deck is the ORG posters who used to flavor the soup. Doesn't there have to be a place where both ORG members and non-members can both post?

I understand the desire for a controlled space for known quality posters, but what is the ORG prohibition on SD posting keeping out? or is that keeping in?

Be careful that the fence you build to keep something out doesn't become a cage holding you in...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Simply put, the biggest thing missing from the Sun Deck is the ORG posters who used to flavor the soup. Doesn't there have to be a place where both ORG members and non-members can both post?

I understand the desire for a controlled space for known quality posters, but what is the ORG prohibition on SD posting keeping out? or is that keeping in?

Be careful that the fence you build to keep something out doesn't become a cage holding you in...
    I'd say this question has been asked at least 30 times and answered at least 40 already.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I'd say this question has been asked at least 30 times and answered at least 40 already.
    I don't understand. So you want us to ask it 10 more times to even things up? :

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    That's a question about a question. I believe it counts as two.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Hint: It keeps being asked because we don't like/don't understand the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Hint: It keeps being asked because we don't like/don't understand the answer.
    There were ORG posters that were so aggressive in posting in RL that new posters felt uncomfortable posting there and didn't post at all.

The mods felt that by consolodating ORG posters to a single forum, it would make that the "destination" or focus forum for the site.

Which part of the answer are you having trouble with?

I can't really respond to the second part of the answer. That's for the folks doing the work to decide.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Turn Off Ads?