Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick observation

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quick observation

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the amount of posting activity seems to be way down since the change. At least in the SunDeck area, I haven't paid much attention to ORG other than browsing a few threads.

Are that many people upset over it? Is it just because they've lost hope in the team?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Quick observation

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Are that many people upset over it? Is it just because they've lost hope in the team?
    I have to believe its alittle bit of both. I also have to say people aren't upset over the change, mainly over how some people are stating the reason's for it. They turned it pretty personal, like it was a small hand-full of people when it was problems and events over a span of time, some older members and alot of newer members.

Oh well eh?

Float on.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

The Sun Deck has deteriorated quite a bit since the change. The number that is viewing the forum at any one time has been pretty low. Just not the forum it was.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    The Sun Deck has deteriorated quite a bit since the change. The number that is viewing the forum at any one time has been pretty low. Just not the forum it was.
    Maybe they've scared off the rif-raf? Oh wait I'm still here!

And the quality of posting has gotten worse with the constant "Dunn sucks" post's again. This is getting old on an all new level.
    Last edited by Dracodave; 05-24-2007 at 11:40 PM.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

If it's not the forum it once was, it seems to me to be a real opportunity to stand out. If a poster got lost in the crowd before, now he/she should be able to be noticed much more easily.

That's one of the main reasons for the split.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    If it's not the forum it once was, it seems to me to be a real opportunity to stand out. If a poster got lost in the crowd before, now he/she should be able to be noticed much more easily.

That's one of the main reasons for the split.
    Very few like talking to the wall.

Rem

I know I happened to glance on the number of posters on the two reds boards last night.They were 44 posters on ORG and only 9 on sun deck!!! Right now theres 57 on ORG and only 16 on SD,so yes it looks like alot as left.Me,Dave,Jimbo,and HumnHilghtFreel will hold down the fort thow
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Me,Dave,Jimbo,and HumnHilghtFreel will hold down the fort thow
    Make it rain, Pac.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    For the record, it's been a trend for quite a while now, even before the changes, that there were usually 2 to 3 times as many people viewing ORG than were viewing RedsLive.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

The reason there is always more viewing ORG is the guests. Like right now there are 23 viewing ORG, 3 members and 20 guests. While there are only 4 viewing SD, they are all members. I don't post much b/c there's nothing to say. We suck.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    For the record, it's been a trend for quite a while now, even before the changes, that there were usually 2 to 3 times as many people viewing ORG than were viewing RedsLive.
    I've been noticing that too, but the disparity has gotten much wider since the change (though I don't have stats to back that up). I wonder, and correct me if I'm wrong) if it has something to do with ORG members not being able to post in the SD. Why read if you can't respond? Don't get me wrong, I completely understand Boss and GIK's wish/belief that the ORG is Redszone. It makes perfect sense to me, but I think if this trend continues we're not likely to see many nominations once the initial surge goes away.

I'll also echo the sentiments of others that the quality on the SD has taken a downward turn lately, but that could be because it's just so much more easy to see the bad without all the good. I think a lot of good posters that didn't have ORG access before are staying away until they can cool off (though I don't completely understand why they're so angry in the first place). I'm going to stick it out and see what happens. If nothing else, I'll have a giggle sorting through the pile of you suck, he sucks, we all suck posts.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

In a sense, the SD is a "new" Reds message board. Unfortunately, entering the third month of a season isn't the optimal time to start up a baseball board, especially when the team that is the subject of said board is performing like the Reds. Unless the team picks it up a few notches, the SD may remain relatively quiet for the next few months, but you can bet that things will get very lively around the first Monday in April 2008. And hey, quiet isn't always bad. Some of my favorite conversations on this board have taken place in years past in the middle of the winter, when you could find parking at the door here about any day of the week.

I'll also echo the sentiments of others that the quality on the SD has taken a downward turn lately, but that could be because it's just so much more easy to see the bad without all the good. I think a lot of good posters that didn't have ORG access before are staying away until they can cool off
    That may be, but the sundeck has also lost several ORG members who primarily posted in RL. That's by design.

Rightly or wrongly (and from the mods pov it's wrongly) I don't spend near the time reading the sundeck that I did in RL, simply because I'm not allowed to contribute there.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    That may be, but the sundeck has also lost several ORG members who primarily posted in RL. That's by design.

Rightly or wrongly (and from the mods pov it's wrongly) I don't spend near the time reading the sundeck that I did in RL, simply because I'm not allowed to contribute there.
    This is a huge point. I fall into the same category, except that I still read SD every time I sign into RZ, but as I'm no longer able to post, I'm not in there as long.

I think there are a whole lot of good posters in SD and I find myself ready to do a "quick reply" only to have my memory jogged that I can't. Creature of habit, much like reaching for the stick shift and clutch after switching to an automatic transmission when buying a new car.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    This is a huge point. I fall into the same category, except that I still read SD every time I sign into RZ, but as I'm no longer able to post, I'm not in there as long.

I think there are a whole lot of good posters in SD and I find myself ready to do a "quick reply" only to have my memory jogged that I can't. Creature of habit, much like reaching for the stick shift and clutch after switching to an automatic transmission when buying a new car.
    ***Sigh*** same here...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?