Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will be first to receive 'the call'?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homer Bailey

40 44.94%
  • Joey Votto

49 55.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First to get 'the Call'? Votto or Bailey

First to get 'the Call'? Votto or Bailey

Who do you think will be called up to the Reds first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: First to get 'the Call'? Votto or Bailey

I voted Votto, because if he continues his torrid hitting, there's a need and a fit for him on this team. I think the front office will be cautious with Bailey. He's only going about 5 innings per start right now in AAA. I really don't expect to see him this year.

They do seem to be taking a more cautious approach with Bailey, so I'll vote Votto.

I think Dumatrait may be close to getting the call too. There really is no point in keeping him in AAA any longer either. Throw him into the 4th or 5th spot in the rotation and discover another "injury" to keep Milton on the DL or any other mysterious ailment to put Lohse on the DL.

I flipped a coin, and it was tails, so I'll go with Votto.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

How about Aaron Herr? Dude can flat out hit. Can he field and at what position is the question.

Ya can't teach speed...

I'll be the internal optimist and say I hope the Reds buy a ticket for both of them at the same time. And I hope its soooooooooon!

Im taking Votto, but if he gets called up who is sent packing? Could he or Hatte be used as a lefty pinch-hitter and force out Valentine. Or do we send Moeller back down, assuming Hamilton takes Hopper's spot when he comes back?

I don't see Votto coming up before Sept. 1 -- Hatteberg & Conine probably have no trade value, so they'll just ride them out. If Bailey continues to pitch well, and starters continue to falter in Cincy, he'll be up before Sept. 1, if only to create some buzz around the ballpark.

Bailey, because Hat isn't going anywhere.
    Go Gators!

I picked Bailey, but Votto is probably hitting well enough right now to get a call up before him.

Votto. But he will be called up by another team as WK trades him for some old sore arms.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Bailey, because Hat isn't going anywhere.
    I think hat could have some trade appeal. Lots of teams could use a bat like his off the bench. I could see him moving for a marginal bullpen arm/future utility player.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I think it will be Homer Bailey. My main reason is that there is no one on the major league team that will be blocking him, while Votto has both Conine and Hatteberg in front. Also Narron seems to have man love for Bailey, though he has been quieter this year. If Votto continues his hitting, the Reds continue, well, being the Reds, and Wayne jettisons Hatteberg and Conine to make room for Joey it will show me a lot. Otherwise it sure seems to be same old, same old.

Neither. Krivsky swings a deal trading Votto for Julio Franco sighting veteran influence and his ever desire to put together the oldest club in the history of baseball. Once Franco flops like Stanton Krivsky brings Fred McGriff out of retirement sighting his knowledge the Tom Emanski video tapes.

I think it will be Dumatrait. He sounds as if he is the most major league ready pitcher in AAA and the reds could use a lefty in the rotation. Votto should be called up first but he is blocked by both conine and hatty.

Turn Off Ads?