Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will be first to receive 'the call'?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homer Bailey

40 44.94%
  • Joey Votto

49 55.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First to get 'the Call'? Votto or Bailey

Re: First to get 'the Call'? Votto or Bailey

Votto. Now that we're a half step away from being out of the playoff chase, Bailey needs to absolutely dominate before would call him up. Votto is a wasting time in AAA.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd call up both tomorrow if I were in charge but I went with Bailey because this team loves to play the scrappy vetrans and the guys blocking Bailey don't qualify as either.

There's no reason to rush Homer now. Let him get his control down at AAA where he's not as likely to get squeezed as harshly as MLB.

Votto's been doing really well the past couple years at Louisville and shouldnt have much more to prove. Theres 2 things that are always needed at the deadline... Left handed pitching and left handed hitters. Hatteberg should have some value if he continues to hit like he has. You have a ready replacement let Hatte try to help another team make a playoff run.

I know dumatrait isn't a part of the question..but I think they can definately use him right now, he seems to be more ready than ever.

They can't call up Bailey until Milton is DFA. He wears #22.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Considering that Bailey is the Reds biggest and most crucial investment, he shouldn't be called this year.

Protect the investment and grow it gradually. If he has a career threatening injury between now and 2008, he would have anyway. Why take the risk?

Votto easily. He has been through the wars, developed a full swing and is as M2 would say "about cooked". Bailey is still a bit to rare

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Between Votto and Bailey?

I'd be shocked if it was Bailey. I'd also be slightly amused that they'd start his arbitration clock on a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    on a sinking ship.
    that's an understatement.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?