Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me save Mello Yello

Help me save Mello Yello

Today I got word that Mello Yello has been discontinued for sale in the state of Michigan so basically whatever is left on the shelves right now is all that there will be.

I was calling around today, beginning with Coca Cola's consumer info line (which is 1-800-438-2653) and they told me that, to their knowledge, Mello Yello itself has not been discontinued as a product (only Diet Mello Yello will cease to be permanently) but they gave me some local numbers to distributors in the area which basically confirmed no more Mello Yello in Michigan for the time being apparently because Coke is pushing the ****ty "energy drink" Vault. I even called distributors in Northern Indiana about this and the nearest ones apparently don't even have any in their warehouses.

What to do? What to do? Is this the beginning of the end for Mello Yello, my one and ONLY favorite soda or will Vault fizzle out and Mello Yello will make a comeback (at least in my area anyway)? This happened a few years ago when Coke tried out another ****ty drink, Surge. That one failed so Mello Yello was sold once again but again they're trying to eradicate my favorite pop.

Even if Mello Yello was not discontinued nationwide but remained so in my area, it would essentially mean it was gone forever to me since how the hell could I find any? How far would I have to drive to buy some and more importantly, how would I know which stores even carry it????

So I'm asking all of you, as a MAJOR favor to me, even if you don't live in Michigan (or Indiana) or don't even drink Mello Yello, *please* write a letter to Coca Cola with words of support for it, encourage them to keep making it and for god's sake, actually advertise it. In my 31 years, I have never once seen a TV ad for Mello Yello.

Anyway, here is their address:

Industry and Consumer Affairs
    Coca Cola Company
    Dun 500
    PO Box 1734
    Atlanta, Georgia 30301

It would be a big help if you could encourage them to begin to distribute Mello Yello in Michigan again. Even if you don't live here you could say you have friends and relatives there who like the drink and want it back in stores.

Letters, if there are enough of them, can truly make a difference. Please help me on this one. Thank you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help me save Mello Yello

Well, they recently brought back Vanilla Coke, so don't give up hope Michael!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is a man who loves himself some high-fructose fizzies.

Best of luck, Michael.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

As an aside, what was the name of the fictional character who kept tilting at windmills? His name is right on the tip of my tongue, but I keep thinking "Don Juan" for some inexplicable reason.

I'll straight-up give, like, ten-hundred rep points to whoever can answer this for me before I leave the office in, like, sixteen minutes.

Go!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

In a can or on the fountain? I can't get with Mello Yello in a can. Sorry man.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    As an aside, what was the name of the fictional character who kept tilting at windmills? His name is right on the tip of my tongue, but I keep thinking "Don Juan" for some inexplicable reason.

I'll straight-up give, like, ten-hundred rep points to whoever can answer this for me before I leave the office in, like, sixteen minutes.

Go!
    Don Quixote. And I love meaningless rewards!

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    Don Quixote. And I love meaningless rewards!
    I gave you the rep, but it's not displaying for some strange reason.

So instead of that, you are now officially "The Man." You can even put that in your .sig file, if you like.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    I gave you the rep, but it's not displaying for some strange reason.

So instead of that, you are now officially "The Man." You can even put that in your .sig file, if you like.

Even better than the rep.

-Pete Rose

Electrical banana
    Is gonna be a sudden craze
    Electrical banana
    Is bound to be the very next phase
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I didn't even know they still made this

Good Luck
    Go Gators!

I have never heard anyone so passionate about a carbonated beverage.

Best of luck to you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I have never heard anyone so passionate about a carbonated beverage.

Best of luck to you.
    Beer.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I miss Surge.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Don't go messing with Vault! Best new product to come out in years.

I hate Mello Yello, I always thought it tasted like a suicide of 7up and Mountain Dew. Let it go, let it go.

Now if you want to make a real difference join the campaign to bring back Crystal Pepsi!

http://www.petitiononline.com/clear/petition.html
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

I saw "Save Mello Yello", and I came as quickly as I could...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Turn Off Ads?